Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre available in my area but have been told there are no ports left

Options
  • 28-09-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am trying to get connected to fibre and the fibre box is about 400 m away. My neighbours are connected yet I have been told I can't get connected as there are no ports left to connect to. How is this possible? Surely you would have put in enough ports for all houses to connect to.
    I'm stuck with 2-3mb download speed for god knows how long as you could not give me a date when I could get connected to fibre if at all.
    Can you enquire for me please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi, I am trying to get connected to fibre and the fibre box is about 400 m away. My neighbours are connected yet I have been told I can't get connected as there are no ports left to connect to. How is this possible? Surely you would have put in enough ports for all houses to connect to.
    I'm stuck with 2-3mb download speed for god knows how long as you could not give me a date when I could get connected to fibre  if at all.
    Can you enquire for me please
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]reubenreuben,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, this is possible I'm afraid. If you’re in an area of high demand cabinets can become full and we would have to wait for a port to become available before we can provide the service to someone else. Again this will only affect certain cabinets where there is a high demand for the service. I can understand how frustrating this is and I'm very sorry I cannot offer you better news.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement