Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 Plus Screen "warmer" colours than 6 Plus

Options
  • 28-09-2016 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I got my 7 Plus yesterday. Was comparing it to my 6 Plus. The screen is much "warmer" looking, almost yellowish. Didn't really notice it till I held them side by side.

Anyone else notice this?

I have read multiple stories about new iPhones having glue which is yet to dry, and this is what causes the yellow tint, but I've also read multiple threads that say this is not the case. But all these articles relate to earlier models.

Just hope its not a fault...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

I got my 7 Plus yesterday. Was comparing it to my 6 Plus. The screen is much "warmer" looking, almost yellowish. Didn't really notice it till I held them side by side.

Anyone else notice this?

I have read multiple stories about new iPhones having glue which is yet to dry, and this is what causes the yellow tint, but I've also read multiple threads that say this is not the case. But all these articles relate to earlier models.

Just hope its not a fault...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Yes they are, which is the case every year as Apple trying to get perfect screen!

DIsplay mate article has mentioned that 7/7+ screen is most accurate!

http://www.zdnet.com/article/displaymate-analysis-apple-iphone-7-has-the-best-lcd-display-ever-tested/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

deep1 wrote: »
    Yes they are, which is the case every year as Apple trying to get perfect screen!

DIsplay mate article has mentioned that 7/7+ screen is most accurate!

http://www.zdnet.com/article/displaymate-analysis-apple-iphone-7-has-the-best-lcd-display-ever-tested/

So the warmer screen is the way its meant to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

So the warmer screen is the way its meant to be?

Yes as it produce more accurate colours.

deep1 wrote: »
    Yes as it produce more accurate colours.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

You have it on "night shift" which came out with IOS 9.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT202613

It's designed to be easier on your eyes late at night and set you for sleep. It normally switches automatically at night time but you can manually force it by swiping up to get your short cuts (Wifi/bluetooth etc) and clicking on Night Shift.

True tone display is better but not that different to previous displays and would be more accurate to real colours....

• Advertisement

micosoft wrote: »
    You have it on "night shift" which came out with IOS 9.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT202613

It's designed to be easier on your eyes late at night and set you for sleep. It normally switches automatically at night time but you can manually force it by swiping up to get your short cuts (Wifi/bluetooth etc) and clicking on Night Shift.

True tone display is better but not that different to previous displays and would be more accurate to real colours....

nope. Checked nightshift. When I turned it on the difference was even more noticeable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

nope. Checked nightshift. When I turned it on the difference was even more noticeable though.

There is a massive difference between standard and nightshift.
    Truetone as the name suggests should be truer to natural colours.
    It should not look "yellow" and should not either "pop" like Samsung style OLED screens.
    Having both a 6S and 7 side by side and the difference is minor in colour rendition. On the other hand the difference going to nightshift is not just noticeable, it's enormous (and tbh I would never use it).
    I have a calibrated monitor and alongside it the colours would be accurate and neutral - certainly not warmer looking.
    The stuff about "glue" is utter nonsense.

I would take it to a phone store and compare the display with other iPhone7s and if the difference is noticeable it may be a damaged display.

micosoft wrote: »
    There is a massive difference between standard and nightshift.
    Truetone as the name suggests should be truer to natural colours.
    It should not look "yellow" and should not either "pop" like Samsung style OLED screens.
    Having both a 6S and 7 side by side and the difference is minor in colour rendition. On the other hand the difference going to nightshift is not just noticeable, it's enormous (and tbh I would never use it).
    I have a calibrated monitor and alongside it the colours would be accurate and neutral - certainly not warmer looking.
    The stuff about "glue" is utter nonsense.

I would take it to a phone store and compare the display with other iPhone7s and if the difference is noticeable it may be a damaged display.

Yeah, that's the plan anyway. Gonna call up to the Apple store in belfast and see.

Thanks for your in-depth reply also!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Advertisement