Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet fitter recommendations?

Options
  • 29-09-2016 7:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a carpet fitter to me. Have the carpet, just need it put down. Bought in Cork so shop couldn't help.

Will probably need two people as will need to work around large bed. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Sent you pm. Number of someone I would highly recommend. He may be busy mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Any chance you could PM me the same info?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Why the PMs? Why not post the fitter here so that it will be useful to future readers.

daymobrew wrote: »
    Why the PMs? Why not post the fitter here so that it will be useful to future readers.

Were you able to keep a straight face while typing that question. Its not really a good thing to have your phone number posted online if you think about it. Especially if it is posted without someone's consent.
    Any chance you could PM me the same info?

Leave it with me I'll give him a ring to see if he's okay with posting his number here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

If the fitter has their details online e.g. facebook or website than linking to it is no problem. Mind you if they are running a proper business having their name and business phone number posted here shouldn't be a problem either.
    The rule about not posting numbers is more directed at personal numbers.

• Advertisement

Gaspode wrote: »
    If the fitter has their details online e.g. facebook or website than linking to it is no problem. Mind you if they are running a proper business having their name and business phone number posted here shouldn't be a problem either.
    The rule about not posting numbers is more directed at personal numbers.

Its a personal mobile number. It is not my way to get pressured into giving details on a person that I feel and friends of mine feel did an excellent job for us as the threads title says fitter recommendations. I recommended a fitter to the OP. The OP will just have to have a little faith I guess the jobs he did were stellar what more do you need from life. If you don't believe I'm being honest about trying to help someone out that's looking for a recommendation well sorry about that not much I can do for you. Why not see what the OP says about the job he did for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sorry if it came across that way but I'm definitely not pressuring, nor am I suggesting there's anything dishonest going on - just explaining what is allowed in terms of giving info about a business.
    If you dont want to post the number on thread then that is perfectly fine, work away by pm.

Sorry if it came across that way but I'm definitely not pressuring, nor am I suggesting there's anything dishonest going on - just explaining what is allowed in terms of giving info about a business.
    If you dont want to post the number on thread then that is perfectly fine, work away by pm.

Well yeah it did come across that way with a large amount of condescension.

I dont know where you got the condescension from, I've re-read my post a couple of times and theres nothing there any person could reasonably take offence at. If you've gone out of your way to find offence when there's none intended then good for you, knock yourself out.

I dont know where you got the condescension from, I've re-read my post a couple of times and theres nothing there any person could reasonably take offence at. If you've gone out of your way to find offence when there's none intended then good for you, knock yourself out.

Never said I was offended you are what you are. I've gone out of my way to help a poster out looking for a number of a good fitter. Did you re-read it with the view of any body else or just the view of yourself.

I not here to get into a pointless argument fitter has been recommended why make it complicated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Sent you pm. Number of someone I would highly recommend. He may be busy mind you.

I wouldn't say he's that busy if nobody can find his phone number ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Err, sorry for provoking all this.
    I often see boards.ie come up in Google searches, often with useful information even for very old posts. It is frustrating to find a thread that seems to answer your exact question and then find that the answers are in PMs. I was trying to help the future searcher.

I wouldn't say he's that busy if nobody can find his phone number ;)

I gave the OP a number to a fitter.

Just for the record SnakePlissken is the same Snake Plisken that I had a very small disagreement with and has decided in his "infinate" wisdom to stalk my posts and be that better person. He really set the bar no higher than his baby toe . What he believes is I was first of all was trolling his opinion about a video game and secondly when that didn't work decided that I was trolling him personally. Now he is blatantly going out of his way signing into his other account to the same name (no a second letter in a username does not make it a different account) and doing what he believes was wrongful in something I did. Amazing well done...

Sorry for bringing this into the thread but I'm really left with no other choice.

The other choice was not to bring it into the thread.
    If you've a problem with a post report it & let the mods deal with it.

I gave the OP a number to a fitter.

Just for the record SnakePlissken is the same Snake Plisken that I had a very small disagreement with and has decided in his "infinate" wisdom to stalk my posts and be that better person. He really set the bar no higher than his baby toe . What he believes is I was first of all was trolling his opinion about a video game and secondly when that didn't work decided that I was trolling him personally. Now he is blatantly going out of his way signing into his other account to the same name (no a second letter in a username does not make it a different account) and doing what he believes was wrongful in something I did. Amazing well done...

Sorry for bringing this into the thread but I'm really left with no other choice.

Well you've made yourself look a bit of a tit as I'm afraid that wasn't me but a poster with a similar name, a poster I can only assume was as charmed by your affable personality as I was.

As you are obviously unaware, Snake Plisken is a cult film character from a John Carpenter movie, that it's beyond your comprehension that two completely different people would select variables of this character's name for their username is incredibly naive.

Disagree with a post, ignore a poster, but do not accuse others of breaking boards rules again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thanks for the replies, and PMs. Several to choose from, will make the call tomorrow - life should have calmed down by then.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well you've made yourself look a bit of a tit as I'm afraid that wasn't me but a poster with a similar name, a poster I can only assume was as charmed by your affable personality as I was.

As you are obviously unaware, Snake Plisken is a cult film character from a John Carpenter movie, that it's beyond your comprehension that two completely different people would select variables of this character's name for their username is incredibly naive.

Disagree with a post, ignore a poster, but do not accuse others of breaking boards rules again.

Less of the backseat modding please. If you have an issue with a post in the future, please report it. Thank you.

Zaph wrote: »
    Less of the backseat modding please. If you have an issue with a post in the future, please report it. Thank you.

Not back seat modding, merely correcting another poster's false assertion.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not back seat modding, merely correcting another poster's false assertion.

Regardless of what you believe, instructing others not to break Boards rules again is backseat modding.

I am actually fully aware that it is a character from a cult movie thanks very much. Was the other user just unlucky enough to have Plissken taken then?

• Advertisement

OPs question asked and answer, thread closed to save me having to hand out cards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement