Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Loan - Defaulting

• 29-09-2016 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I have recently had some bad dealings with a bank where I have been overcharged fees, loan repayments have come out on unscheduled dates, etc. among other things and frankly I don't trust them as an institution anymore.

I currently have a loan taken out with them that I am paying monthly, it's a 4 figure loan that's not a too far off 5 figures.

I realise how bad this is, so please save judgment, but I am heavily considering defaulting on this loan. They don't have my correct address or anything so I think it will be fairly easy to do.

My question is, what's the worst they can do if I decide to default? Can they take me to court and what would the process be?

I'm aware this is very unethical and will greatly affect my credit score if not completely annihilate it but I am willing to go down this route.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd advise a) maturing and B) reading the forum charter before posting threads like this, so that you don't post threads like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement