Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being pushed onto Edge network

Options
  • 29-09-2016 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been an Eir mobile customer for a number of years.
    The issue i have with my mobile coverage if that is i do not set my phone to WCDMA, then all i get is GSM data coverage.
    I have recently upgraded my handset and sim card but find this to be the case again.
    Is this a coverage issue as i can move to another provider is that's the reason

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

boosabum wrote: »
    Hi,

The issue i have with my mobile coverage if that is i do not set my phone to WCDMA, then all i get is GSM data coverage.
    I have recently upgraded my handset and sim card but find this to be the case again.
    Hi  boosabum,

Thanks for getting in touch. What area are you experiencing this issue in?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭boosabum

Hi,

Hi  boosabum,

Thanks for getting in touch. What area are you experiencing this issue in?

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Everywhere, but i am based mostly in Limerick. Not so far from the university.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]4G should be available in this area boosabum, you can view our coverage map here https://www.eir.ie/ourmobilenetwork/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you try a location update? Switch the phone to flight mode for ten minutes and restart it. Let me know if that works. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]4G should be available in this area boosabum, you can view our coverage map here https://www.eir.ie/ourmobilenetwork/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you try a location update? Switch the phone to flight mode for ten minutes and restart it. Let me know if that works. [/font]

Hi Pamela,

This is the issue, i know there is 4G coverage in my area but the majority of the time i am pushed on the Edge network. As i said, this has occurred over different hand units and different sim cards. Speed tests in the same location vary from 0.15 to 45Mb. The only way to guarantee some mobile data coverage is to force on WCDMA and even this is not stable.

Hi Pamela,

This is the issue, i know there is 4G coverage in my area but the majority of the time i am pushed on the Edge network. As i said, this has occurred over different hand units and different sim cards. Speed tests in the same location vary from 0.15 to 45Mb. The only way to guarantee some mobile data coverage is to force on WCDMA and even this is not stable.
    What handset are you using  boosabum?

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Samsung s4 then got a s5 as i thought the handset was the issue. Same with both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Can you advise the last time you got a new SIM card? 

-Ciara

eir: Ciara wrote: »

Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

-Ciara
    Hi Ciara,

Approx. 3 weeks ago

Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

-Ciara
    Hi Ciara,

Approx. 3 weeks ago
    Can you try your SIM card in another handset and let me know if this works? 

-Ciara

Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

-Ciara
    Hi Ciara,

Approx. 3 weeks ago

-Ciara
    Hi Ciara,

I have and it's the same issue as i've explained earlier in the thread. 

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

-Ciara
    Hi Ciara,

Approx. 3 weeks ago

-Ciara
    Hi Ciara,

I have and it's the same issue as i've explained earlier in the thread. 
    Can you PM me your mobile number and PIN, please and I will check this out for you? -Ciara

Advertisement