Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trail runners .. Dublin City centre

Options
  • 29-09-2016 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Anywhere in City Center to pick up a decent pair of trail runners for a complete novice ) to trail running)
    Don't want top of market range just something decent to get me going...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

• Great Outdoors
    • Runlogic in Temple Bar
    • Basecamp on Abbey Street

Any of the above could offer decent advice on what might be most suitable and help you with sizing.

A pair of Inov-8 or Salomon Speedcross might be a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Elverys usually have Adidas Kanadia in stock. They are a great all-round intro runner IMO and usually around €60 IIRC. Maybe check their website first before making a trip

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

Check TK Maxx too.
    I got my Salomon and Brooks trail shoes there for about €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Thank you all...might start with TK Maxx..failing that Elverys and finally RunLogic....cheers

Are Brooks GTS any good as trail runners?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Do you mean the Adrenaline GTS? They're the only Brooks with a GTS that I know of.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Do you mean the Adrenaline GTS? They're the only Brooks with a GTS that I know of.

Hi Yes adrenaline GTS..they have them in TKMaxx but not sure if they are trail runners..seem to have good grip??

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Zipppy wrote: »
    Hi Yes adrenaline GTS..they have them in TKMaxx but not sure if they are trail runners..seem to have good grip??

The Adrenaline GTS is a road running shoe. The equivalent trail running model from Brooks is the Adrenaline ASR but they also make other trail runners like the Cascadia, PureGrit and Mazama.

I have a pair of GTS 16 and have tried them off road on moderate trails (e.g. Vartry loop and Killiney Hill). I found them acceptable but not great, a bit slippy on muddy patches, going over wet roots, etc. To be honest I find they lack grip even on wet tarmac and many times I can feel them slipping a bit when I'm looking for some traction in the wet.

Admitedly my experience is limited and I don't have other trail runners to compare them with. They are fine for me at the moment but if I were running more trails or higher difficulty trails I think I'd probably be looking for a 'proper' trail runner.

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

Cascadia are good all purpose trail shoes. Really good grip.

Lidl have trail running shoes for €29.99 tomorrow:
    http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=45927

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Zipppy wrote: »

As MrSkniny said, they're adequate for packed trail like fire roads, anything muddier or wet they're not great.

• Advertisement

lidl ones any good?

Advertisement