Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gloaming - NCH - March 2017

Options
  • 29-09-2016 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

The amazing Gloaming return to NCH for what now seems to be their annual series of concerts next March..

Just got my tickets in the presale for Sat 11th March
    General sale is 10am tomorrow, and there's always a scramble for tickets, so just a heads up..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

no tix available?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

roll wrote: »
    no tix available?!

10am

• Registered Users Posts: 36,351 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Saturday was sold out in minutes. Got tickets for Sunday before that sold out. One to really look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

They just announced that they're all sold out now. If you're a fan of President Teapot, he usually shows up to one of their gigs when they play the NCH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

3 more shows announced Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th & Wednesday 8th March 2017. Tickets on sale at 10pm tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anyone heading this week? - I'm going Saturday, would love to read reports from folks from the earlier shows :)

edit: by the way, there were some extra production tickets released - seem to be still available on nch.ie - would advise going if you're anyway into trad

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Anyone heading this week? - I'm going Saturday, would love to read reports from folks from the earlier shows :)

edit: by the way, there were some extra production tickets released - seem to be still available on nch.ie - would advise going if you're anyway into trad

Not much love for The Gloaming on here it seems..

Just wanted to report back that Saturday night, the 3rd year in a row I've seen them in NCH, was the best yet - an impossible feat, I'd have said before the gig...

Can't believe there's a lack of interest in these guys on here..

Their now annual run at the NCH started last night - heading tomorrow and can't wait!

They've just released Live at the NCH - picking it up tomorrow.

If you've any love for trad, the good stuff, this is it..
    They take the from and stretch it, weave it from weird sometimes discordant tones from Thomas Bartlett's piano, the unparalleled vocals of Iarla Ó Lionáird , the virtuoso pairing of Martin Hayes and Dennis Cahill on fiddle and guitar, and Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh's otherworldly hardanger d'amore.

Live, they improvise and extend the songs, and more often than not, reach what I can only describe as a kind of transcendence.

Anyone else heading this run?

edit: nice review putting it better than my attempt to put what they do into words
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/live-music-review--the-gloaming-831197.html

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Went along to the first night, 3rd year in a row. Loved it as usual. Had much better seats than in first two years so makes a difference. Martin Hayes stole the show, Iarla outstanding too. Thomas Bartlett could maybe take a leaf out of Denis Cahill's book & just whist up.

Advertisement