Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Query.

Options
  • 29-09-2016 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

Myself and my partner are both teachers. We are in permanent jobs. We have taken career breaks to go abroad to earn some money. I realise that you need 6 month wage slips when applying for a mortgage.

Is there any leniency on this. We would like to come home in the summer. We will begin getting paid again in September. We would rather not have to wait until February to get a mortgage. Seeing it is a permanent job and we took a career break and mortgages can be looked at on a case by case basis, would we be able to get a mortgage in like 3 months??

Also when do you begin repayments. Straight away or when all the mortgage has been drawn down?

Thanks 
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

jharte12 wrote: »
    Hello,

Myself and my partner are both teachers. We are in permanent jobs. We have taken career breaks to go abroad to earn some money. I realise that you need 6 month wage slips when applying for a mortgage.

Is there any leniency on this. We would like to come home in the summer. We will begin getting paid again in September. We would rather not have to wait until February to get a mortgage. Seeing it is a permanent job and we took a career break and mortgages can be looked at on a case by case basis, would we be able to get a mortgage in like 3 months??

Also when do you begin repayments. Straight away or when all the mortgage has been drawn down?

Thanks 
    Joe
    Hi jharte12

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Baords.ie

As you mention correctly, mortgage applications are looked at on a case to case basis. Would you like to send us a Private Message with your full name and a contact number? We can arrange a Mortgage Advisor to discuss this further with you. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement