Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a Scotland tour

Options
  • 29-09-2016 11:00am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm hoping to go, with my wife and son, on a driving holiday in Scotland.
    We have a week or so to spend there and I'd ideally like to start in Glasgow, having taken the ferry across, and travel up, around the highlands, and back down on the east coast, via Aberdeen and into Edinburgh.
    We would stay in B&Bs along the way and take in the various sights along the way.
    If someone has a link to a good site for planning such trips or has done something similar themselves, please let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Did a mini-road trip with hired car from Edinburgh, taking in: Stirling Castle, Scone Castle near Perth, Pitlochry, Braemar. It was several years ago so do not remember the actual route. Enjoyed all the sights though.
    Good site is https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/itineraries/

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I won't be much help as the only part of Scotland I've seen has been the Cairnryan-Glasgow-Edinburgh journey, but the other frequenters of the Scotland forum might be more informative. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Google North Coast 500 that should have you pretty much covered. It's a route they have started to market as a Scottish equivalent to route 66 just a tad colder. It starts and ends in Inverness officially but it has a list of accommodation along the way.

Advertisement