Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol and FET

Options
  • 29-09-2016 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everyone,

I have an FET at the end of October and currently on buserelin and starting estrogen tomorrow week. I have weddings this weekend and next weekend and am wondering if it's OK to have a glass or two of wine... Does anyone have any experience of this? Obviously if it's better to stay dry I'll do that but if it doesn't make a difference, it would make the weddings a bit more enjoyable!

I'm in the clinic tomorrow so I'll ask the nurse then but just interested to hear from people who've been in the situation before too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

When I was going through treatments. I had the what if attitude.. if you get a negative do you think you'd regret drinking on those nights?
    I drank through both my treatments. I even got slightly tipsy the night before transfer on my second go. It resulted in twins. Personally I think not really much matters when going through a cycle. It either works or it doesn't. Think of all the people that get pregnant after a night drinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ms.Maggie

Thanks for your reply! It makes sense...sometimes you need to hear it from someone else for reassurance. The clinic also said it was absolutely fine to have a few drinks, just not to go crazy. So I'll be happy to have one or two glasses.

Thanks again... Congratulations on your twins!!

Advertisement