Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notification when someone quotes your post?

Options
  • 29-09-2016 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to introduce a notification system on the site where we can see when someone quotes (or likes) one of your posts.

Sometimes someone might quote something which was posted days/weeks ago and ask a question. I may not be monitoring that thread anymore and will miss it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

It would be good for quoting, I don't think thanks should be included though.
    Getting multiple notifications for that would get annoying quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

It would be good for quoting, I don't think thanks should be included though.
    Getting multiple notifications for that would get annoying quite quickly.

Ya good point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Look at your profile page. There's a link available to search for who quoted you, who thanked you, who you thanked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Look at your profile page. There's a link available to search for who quoted you, who thanked you, who you thanked.

Ya im aware of that. Just think it would be nicer to have a notification icon somewhere like when you get a new PM

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm sure that it is technically feasible, but with efforts to keep the legacy site alive & bring the new site up to scratch - this would be a low priority change that may not be seen for some time, if at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I've noticed it doesn't always seem to work for quotes though, sometimes there are some missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I started a thread in Site Development a while ago about the idea of a 'posts which quote this post' function to help follow a debate in a thread(between others as well as involving yourself).

But it was in site development, so...yeah, nothing.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Thanks for the suggestion (and you too, osarusan); wouldn't mind notifications for quoted posts myself. As you may understand, the tech team is flat out with the Responsive Site at the moment, but have added it to the ideas list.

Advertisement