Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccommodation

Options
  • 29-09-2016 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey I am heading to Dublin this weekend for two nights. Anything good pubs/restaurants that is worth checking out, hundreds no doubt!

Anything worth doing? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You'll need to provide a lot more information if you're to get any helpful replies.

Your idea of a good pub/restaurant might be hugely different to mine.

What pubs/restaurants do you like where you are? What cuisine/price/crowd? What age/gender/orientation are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

You'll need to provide a lot more information if you're to get any helpful replies.

Your idea of a good pub/restaurant might be hugely different to mine.

What pubs/restaurants do you like where you are? What cuisine/price/crowd? What age/gender/orientation are you?

I second that, lots of pubs/clubs in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pippa_Pipsy

ok thanks so cocktails, late bars, trad music, nothing disco and nothing that i will feel young in! Nice bar food with snugs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

The Palace Bar on Fleet street is nice, not sure if you get cocktails there though. Also the Halfpenny Bridge Inn on the quays can have some good music. I don't like trad so don't really know anywhere that does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Well the late bars where you get cocktails and the trad bars are probably going to be very different types of places.

Cocktails/late bars, the Camden St area has loads of them. Devitts on Camden St also has a trad session on some evenings. The Cobblestone in Smithfield is widely considered the best trad session in the city. The Brazen Head would be another trad pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Bowes on Fleet Street definitely had good cocktail selection a while ago even though it's an ordinary pub. Vintage Cocktail Club will be very different to what's available in other parts of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Capitol bar on Georges street does cocktails, for late bars I'd head up Camden street to the ones mentioned like Devitts and Cassidys.
    For Trad music the Cobblestones as mentioned is really good or you could try O'Donoghues (thats where the Dubliners played). Think the Stags Head has music on a Saturday night, and the Celt on Talbot street usually has a good session.
    If you wanna try something different try the Dawson Lounge, it's the smallest pub in Dublin.
    And some of my favourite places in Dublin city centre are,
    Mulligans Poolbeg st,
    The Palace Fleet st,
    Kehoes south anne street,
    Dohney and Nesbitts Baggot street
    Toners Baggot street
    The Foggy Dew temple bar

Enjoy your weekend but don't forget a lot of places will probably be packed for the match on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnRock

Did you try any of the places people suggested?

Advertisement