Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Sky Hub SR102 as Access Point

Options
  • 29-09-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I know this should be simple but I just cannot get the dam*ed thing to function as I'd like

I'm a Vodafone broadband customer with a Huawei 4-port + wifi modem/router. I have one of the modem's ports connected to an Iomega Screenplay DX media player in another room via an old Telsey router left over from an account with another ISP, acting as access point

The media player has a built-in 2TB HDD, and I have an additional 3 x 5TB HDD's attached to it via USB. All four of these drives are available on my network.

If I replace the Telsey with the Sky SR102 I can access all my drives but if I try to access the web I get an "error page" that's obviously built-in to the Sky hub - even though the SR102 is secondary.

If I disable DHCP in the Sky unit I have web access but my network shares are unavailable.

I cannot copy the settings from the Telsey as the ISP it was supplied by limited access to it's configuration.

Anyone any ideas?

Advertisement