Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paycheck dosent show up when my employer pays me

Options
  • 29-09-2016 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

my employer sent me a paycheck 5 hours ago but it didnt show up in my 365 online account why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

ping911 wrote: »
    my employer sent me a paycheck 5 hours ago but it didnt show up in my 365 online account why?
    Hi ping911 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

If your employer lodged the cheque through our lodement machines, it can take up to close of business to appear online for you. 

Just also to mention ,a domestic cheque can take up to 5 working days to clear on your account. 

We hope the information helps, please get back in touch if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ping911

Hi ping911 

If your employer lodged the cheque through our lodement machines, it can take up to close of business to appear online for you. 

Just also to mention ,a domestic cheque can take up to 5 working days to clear on your account. 

We hope the information helps, please get back in touch if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks
    Alison

I got the electronic payslip email from my employer to my email , shouldnt it have gone through since it was sent before the cut off times ?
    Thanks

Hi ping911 

Many Thanks
    Alison

I got the electronic payslip email from my employer to my email , shouldnt it have gone through since it was sent before the cut off times ?
    Thanks
    Hi ping911

Thanks for coming back to us.

It would be best to check back with your employer. They can advise when to expect payment. Time frame can depend on a couple of factors, for example: how payment was sent, what time, if they bank with us or another bank etc.

We hope it has since reached your account. Please be assured, with electronic payments, as soon as received we will credit to your account without delay. 

If you have further questions for us please do get back in touch.  

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just for the OP's benefit - automated payslips by email are usually triggered by the salary software sending the payment file to the bank. They're not triggered by the actual payment arriving into your bank account.

So while your employer may send the payment to the bank - triggering your payslip to be sent - the instruction to the bank might include a payment date of tomorrow or next week or whatever. So the payment won't appear until that date.
    Also, if you use a bank that's not the same as your employer and the payment instruction is sent late in the day, then it may be close of business the next day before you see the payment appear in your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ping911

the money came into my account today , probably just as you guys said , close business hours ,different bank etc.
     i probably just got a bit worried .
    thanks seamus and alison for the help.

• Advertisement

the money came into my account today , probably just as you guys said , close business hours ,different bank etc.
     i probably just got a bit worried .
    thanks seamus and alison for the help.
    Great to hear ping911 really appreciate the update.

Thanks Seamus, 

Alison

Advertisement