Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearly 2 weeks to install

Options
  • 29-09-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Moved house from Dublin to Ennis at the weekend and needed to set up TV and Broadband (will be working from home most days).
    Ordered Eir on Wednesday and got my installation date today which isn't until 11 Oct, sometime between 9am and 1:30pm. I rang about another date and the other option I was given was the 14th Oct!!!!
    Seriously telling me that someone can't come out and spend an hour installing this between now and then??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

It's outsourced to kn who do installs for most of the companies so I'm sure they are busy. I'd imagine that you are getting the first available slot. I find it funny that you think things like that take an hour to do, I had two lads from kn out to get a line to my house and it took them 4 hours, there can be a lot of work involved that we don't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

Ah yeah I know it could take more than an hour to do the installation but just seems that the 11th of Oct is a fairly long time to get an installation date considering the allow you to pick any date when ordering it online. You'd imagine they could tie in the calendar from the outsourced installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

I know what you are saying, eir let you pick a date and then kn decide another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

jfk247 wrote: »
    Moved house from Dublin to Ennis at the weekend and needed to set up TV and Broadband (will be working from home most days).
    Ordered Eir on Wednesday and got my installation date today which isn't until 11 Oct, sometime between 9am and 1:30pm.  I rang about another date and the other option I was given was the 14th Oct!!!!
    Seriously telling me that someone can't come out and spend an hour installing this between now and then??
    Hi jfk247,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you. 

Unfortunately, due to the high volume of orders, we receive this would be the nearest appointment we would have available. Although you can choose an appointment online the appointment chosen would be sent off and a new appointment would be scheduled if this date was not available. 

I apologise I am unable to offer you some better news on this today and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 supremolad

You are lucky they are promising you two weeks to install. Took them SIX weeks to eventually sort out my broadband and tv installation.

I registered August 10th and only got it sorted on Sept 27th after repeated calls, complaints and threat of contract cancellation due to no shows from technicians.

So brace yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

supremolad wrote: »
    You are lucky they are promising you two weeks to install. Took them SIX weeks to eventually sort out my broadband and tv installation.

I registered August 10th and only got it sorted on Sept 27th after repeated calls, complaints and threat of contract cancellation due to no shows from technicians.

So brace yourself.
     [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]supremolad,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]please do let me know if there is anything I can help you with.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

Advertisement