Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan (Dublin) st thomas vs Educate together Griffin valley (beside londis)

Options
  • 29-09-2016 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hii
    My trying to decide which school is better, my elder daughter will be going next year to primary school, all kids in my housing state goes to st thomas beside supervalue, i am just wondering which is better, educate together or st thomas???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

If your local Educate Together is anywhere near as popular the one we have in our area then you're unfortunately probably too late for that one. They allow to register children on their first birthday. Our son started school this year and when looking for schools last summer he was 250th or so in the waiting list for Educate Together. That said, I personaly would have prefered for him to go to Educate Together as they are a purely secular school (no bible thumping for 4 year olds is a huge plus in my book).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Just in case you're not already aware - four of the five ET schools in Lucan (including Griffeen Valley) operate a common enrolment system so you may not get GVETNS if that is the only one you would be happy with. Places are given primarily by age, then individual school allocation is based on siblings and proximity.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It's hard to say which is better ,without knowing what you consider to be a "good" school.

I do remember that Griffeen Valley ETNS had issues on a school trip to Donegal about 3 years ago, where parents made complaints to the Gardaí but I'd hope that such a situation would not arise again and procedures were put in place to prevent it. The only Whole School Evaluation for either seems to be one for St. Thomas' school and it's an older one, so things may have changed there
    https://www.education.ie/en/Publications/Inspection-Reports-Publications/Whole-School-Evaluation-Reports-List/report1_19542R.htm

Advertisement