Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Owners Thread - - - - (No posts about deliveries)

Options
  • 29-09-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Starting this since the other thread is just about deliveries and delivery dates, so please dont post about delivery dates here.

iphone-7-06.png?w=1270

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I got the 7. Camera is a huge update on the 6 I had, particularly video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I just bought a tempered glass protector for the iPhone 7 plus :pac:

$_35.JPG
    $_57.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

I just bought a tempered glass protector for the iPhone 7 plus :pac:

Nice - any impact on image quality and do you mind saying where? I think I read they didn't use sapphire glass on the lenses so scratching could be a potential problem.

traco wrote: »
    Nice - any impact on image quality and do you mind saying where? I think I read they didn't use sapphire glass on the lenses so scratching could be a potential problem.

I only ordered it yesterday, and it takes 10-23 working days to get here

Got it on eBay

I have one on my other phone and it seems to make no difference. Probably not even needed, but it was only a euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Got a 32gb black 7 on launch day (thanks vodafone upgrade :-)) and loving it. Wasnt expecting much as was coming from a 6 but have been pleasantly surprised! Camera and sound being the big two aswell as the snappyness of the phone!
    One thing to watch for is loss of network - happened me this morning. Picked phone up and seen 'no service' even though my oh had no issue using the 6 on vodafone aswell, I turned on airplane mode and turned it back off again, network came back for a second each time so off to google I went and there apparently is a bug which apple are aware of re the no service and the suggested fix is just to power off and back on again which I can say does work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anybody coming from an older phone than a 6 would definitely find the upgrade to be major. Coming from a 6 it's still definitely worthwhile, although I wouldn't recommended it coming from a 6s.

Colours are definitely nice additions but the overall hardware updates are definitely the star of the show. Speed and overall performance are brilliant. I doubt we'll see many major speed increases in daily use in future hardware updates, I think it has peaked with what's actually needed.

Combining the phone with iOS 10 it really is a joy to use. The only phone I think looks better than the iPhone at the moment is the S7 edge or Note 7. But the iOS software always wins me over hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I'm coming from a Note 2. I can't believe I stuck it that long with the old phone. Major upgrade for me. I'm liking the different OS, camera is amazing, the OS is so responsive and quick.

I'll ask the question but might need another thread of it's own and that is any recommended apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

neonman wrote: »
    I'm coming from a Note 2. I can't believe I stuck it that long with the old phone. Major upgrade for me. I'm liking the different OS, camera is amazing, the OS is so responsive and quick.

I'll ask the question but might need another thread of it's own and that is any recommended apps?
    There is a thread for apps but hasn't been used in years. You should be able to get the same or nearly the same apps you had on the note 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Got myself a iPhone 7 32gb this morning on an upgrade, literally just got out of bed and wanted it, had a iPhone 6 before this.

Def a good move it so far, in love with the new home button and the feedback when pressed. Sound and camera also a step above what I had.

Seems real slick when flicking between apps and so on. Battery so far very good, all apple products are at the start to be fair but on 40% here now after a full day of hard use setting it up.

Got the black one and it looks very sharp, had whites and golds before this so a good change.

What cover would people recommend? I'd like something that isn't too bulky.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Got my 7 on launch day from up north through PM.
    Came from a 6.

very very noticeable difference in speed and snapiness, in fact its quicker and better to use over my iPad Air if that makes sense!

I wanted gloss black, but the OCD in me knew the hairline scratches would have done my head in over time, so I went safe and got the silver/white.......again.

I love the haptic feedback and the home button (or lack there of), but maybe that's a marmite thing, my brother hates it!

Currently using a cheap, €3 clear silicone case while I decide on what permanent case to use, but it will most likely be an Apple leather one or Spigen Liquid Armour.

The GF got Rose Gold, and imo its a fantastic colour........ for a girl of course :)

I would love to try the 7+ for a day or two but I know it would be too bug, in fact if you were to search through my post history from when the 6 was launched, I posted that if Apple go any bigger than the 6 as its base size, I would not upgrade.

I wouldn't upgrade from a 6S, but from 6 or older, well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

traco wrote: »

There's sapphire on the camera lens. That product is a waste of time and takes away from the camera you're paying good money for.

There's sapphire on the camera lens. That product is a waste of time and takes away from the camera you're paying good money for.

Wrong. It's not sapphire. That was just speculation before it launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm using a Spigen thin fit matte case on my 7 at the moment. I just really want bump/scratch protection so looking for something more minimal this time.

I ordered a case from Caudabe called the Veil. Really basic and very thin but it's supposed to be a good fit. I looked at others such as peel and another company I can't think of but price including shipping would of pushed it over the price barrier for imports outside of the EU.

Worked out as less than 20 delivered which I don't mind spending. I'm really not a fan of cases but I'd rather a little protection just in case.

There's a fair few case choices ready to go from launch for this years phone so it should be handy enough finding a suitable design.

Wrong. It's not sapphire. That was just speculation before it launched.

Really. Where was the source of this discovery? Oh and that bit where Apple states that it's sapphire on the product page is a lie?

Really. Where was the source of this discovery? Oh and that bit where Apple states that it's sapphire on the product page is a lie?

Haha. Dont get your knickers in a twist drama queen

https://youtu.be/0vYfAqEyGV0?t=2m6s

Haha. Dont get your knickers in a twist drama queen

https://youtu.be/0vYfAqEyGV0?t=2m6s

You better get on to Tim Cook and tell him of the lie. Send him that video.

Seriously people don't put cheap ****e in front of your camera lens. It really isn't the brightest of ideas.

Seriously people don't put cheap ****e in front of your camera lens. It really isn't the brightest of ideas.

Haha:pac:, it must be draining being so grumpy/sulky.

Out of curiousity, why did the "sapphire" or 2nd hardest material in the world scratch so when it shouldnt have?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Would anyone be able to post some pictures from the camera? Particularly from the plus model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Perfection!

398019.JPG

I see you on on 10.1 beta :)

My testing of Portrait mode.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've noticed a bit of background noise/static when listening to the speaker at higher volumes, or even calls over bluetooth. (iPhone 7)

Anyone else have this?

deep1 wrote: »
    Perfection!

I see you on on 10.1 beta :)

Why do you say that? I'm just on 10.0.2 :) The blurry background look?

Why do you say that? I'm just on 10.0.2 :) The blurry background look?

Yes

I'm off beta software until 11 beta. I had too many issues with 10.

deep1 wrote: »
    My testing of Portrait mode.

The bokeh is stunning. Better than any other phone Ive seen.
    Perfection!

Roddy Doyle is that you? :D
    Was that pint in temple bar by any chance?....€10+ :D

HahahahA No my friend, Dalkey! And it was reasonably priced at 4:60 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

The portrait mode looks a bit artificial on people (especially with hair) - also there are zero options for it so far so perhaps they will add more settings in the next beta

Loving the 7+ so far - super fast and not as bulky as i expected it to be coming from 4.7

Can recommend this case if someone is looking:

iPhone 7 Plus Case, VRS Design [Crystal Mixx][Transparent] - [Clear][Slim Protection][Kickstand] For Apple iPhone 7 Plus 5.5 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K4LB3BE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_YPQ7xb5VE2EES

Cheers

Advertisement