Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Owners Thread - - - - (No posts about deliveries)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

og2k7 wrote: »
    The portrait mode looks a bit artificial on people (especially with hair) - also there are zero options for it so far so perhaps they will add more settings in the next beta

Loving the 7+ so far - super fast and not as bulky as i expected it to be coming from 4.7

Can recommend this case if someone is looking:

iPhone 7 Plus Case, VRS Design [Crystal Mixx][Transparent] - [Clear][Slim Protection][Kickstand] For Apple iPhone 7 Plus 5.5 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K4LB3BE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_YPQ7xb5VE2EES

Cheers

Is it thick? Looks kinda thick in the picture. Im looking for a case with a stand as well, so Im interested in getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Anyone with the jet black not using a case? How's it holding up? Fingerprints easy to wipe off?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Lads, I got a tempered glass for my 7, I got a silicon case... I feel like I've let some Jonny Ive and the lads... BUT on the upside, the tempered glass is not causing any issues with 3D touch or front facing camera and l managed to put it on without getting any bubbles or dust under it. And the most important thing is, it's seems mostly "Dave Proof" for now :D

Lads, I got a tempered glass for my 7, I got a silicon case... I feel like I've let some Jonny Ive and the lads... BUT on the upside, the tempered glass is not causing any issues with 3D touch or front facing camera and l managed to put it on without getting any bubbles or dust under it. And the most important thing is, it's seems mostly "Dave Proof" for now :D

What tempered glass did you get?

Pro Glass +. Got it in Blackrock shopping centre in the gadget shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Is it thick? Looks kinda thick in the picture. Im looking for a case with a stand as well, so Im interested in getting one.

Not that thick - normal to be fair and feels quite secure (well until i actually manage to drop it).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I think I have my answer…

Vkh0EcQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I guess it also depends on how you keep your phone - for me, the phone gets its own pocket and doesn't share with anything, minimising the scratches and dings.

That's rough!

Can anyone recommend a clear skin that does go loose and sh#ty after a month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I'm using the official Apple leather it is expensive but it's a premium case and well worth it IMO, very little bulk added to the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

This macrumors topic has quite a few jet black owners showing off how the phone looks after a week or two. I'm still thinking about it...

I just placed an order a minute ago on Apple.co.uk

Any idea why they don't show contact numbers (apart from the last 2 digits)?? Found it bizzare when ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I don't know if I just use my phone differently to others but I think the jet black isn't especially bad fingerprint wise and having it since Wednesday using a mix of naked and clear case I've zero scratches. I think some people treat their phone like crap and then wonder why it's scratched. I mean don't tell me the scratches on the image above came from ordinary use, had to have fallen or banged off something.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Anyone recommend a decent case for the standard iPhone 7?

Want something that will protect from most bumps / scratches but won't add too much bulk.

Faker74 wrote: »

Want something that will protect from most bumps / scratches but won't add too much bulk.

I just bought a few cheap ones from eBay. They're just over a euro each incl. shipping. Didn't get them yet though but Ill say they do the job.

Im probably going to get a Spigen one from Amazon. They look decent if you look at the reviews section, customers uploaded pics

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iPhone-Spigen®-Exact-Fit-Premium-Finish/dp/B01GIVWOMG/ref=sr_1_3?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1475584581&sr=1-3&keywords=iphone+7+spigen

I just bought a few cheap ones from eBay. They're just over a euro each incl. shipping. Didn't get them yet though but Ill say they do the job.

Im probably going to get a Spigen one from Amazon. They look decent if you look at the reviews section, customers uploaded pics

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iPhone-Spigen®-Exact-Fit-Premium-Finish/dp/B01GIVWOMG/ref=sr_1_3?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1475584581&sr=1-3&keywords=iphone+7+spigen

Saw that, but I'm concious that those shell type cases are the bare minimum when it comes to protection.

I was looking at these two, but its hard to tell how much bulk the spigen in particular adds:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GIVX7TA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2YRM7UTEKGTPU&coliid=IJWXU5VGGIT70

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K4L9VAO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2YRM7UTEKGTPU&coliid=I2U4XASTMQ28WO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

mad muffin wrote: »
    I think I have my answer…

Vkh0EcQ.jpg

He's an attention seeker though and you can be sure that's not all from natural use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I have this on the 7 plus, most people don't think there is a case on it at all...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KIP8C8S/ref=twister_B01KKOIVF6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I ordered one from Caudabe, cost roughly 18 euro delivered. Took about a week to ship from the US too which was great.

It's called the Veil XT, and it's the thinnest case I've ever owned. Won't offer any major drop protection but for bump and scratches it's perfect. I was using a spigen one before that and the difference is huge. Felt like a new phone again with the thinner case. Chunky cases take away from the quality of phones imo. This middle ground is perfect for me, and will hopefully protect enough against small drops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

So I bought an iPhone 7 at the weekend and since I've had no luck connecting it to the inbuilt bluetooth system in my car (2015 Golf). Has anyone else encountered similar?

My old 5s connected no problem by the way.

• Advertisement

So I bought an iPhone 7 at the weekend and since I've had no luck connecting it to the inbuilt bluetooth system in my car (2015 Golf). Has anyone else encountered similar?

My old 5s connected no problem by the way.

Reset/clear the car's bluetooth memory

Reset/clear the car's bluetooth memory

Erm....how please? :)

I did see two old versions or my phone "SarahMolliesiphone"* in the list of paired deviced so I deleted them in case that was the issue. It wasn't.

*not actual name of iPhone

Erm....how please? :)

I did see two old versions or my phone "SarahMolliesiphone"* in the list of paired deviced so I deleted them in case that was the issue. It wasn't.

*not actual name of iPhone

Check your cars manual.

Others say this worked for them, I don't have my iPhone yet, it's on a world tour :(

Check your cars manual.

Others say this worked for them, I don't have my iPhone yet, it's on a world tour :(

Oh ok :( I had a look in the manual yesterday and couldnt see a solution but then again I suppose I wasn't specifically looking to reset.

Is this a known issue? I've looked a bit online and I've seen mentions of issues with Kia's and Ford's, but nothing specific to a VW golf.

Car is still in warranty so half tempted to call into the dealership on my way home and get them to figure it out!

Oh ok :( I had a look in the manual yesterday and couldnt see a solution but then again I suppose I wasn't specifically looking to reset.

Is this a known issue? I've looked a bit online and I've seen mentions of issues with Kia's and Ford's, but nothing specific to a VW golf.

Car is still in warranty so half tempted to call into the dealership on my way home and get them to figure it out!

I read it in this thread, search bluetooth:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057644979

Never owned a VW so not sure what their customer service is like, but if they are like most companies, they'll probably just point out that you can get other phones connected to it, so if your new phone isn't connecting it the new phone that is the issue.

Not saying there is an issue with the iPhone7, just to be clear, but rather that is a way for VW to wash their hands of it.

I read it in this thread, search bluetooth:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057644979

Check the videos on youtube for: reset Volkswagen Golf bluetooth

Never owned a VW so not sure what their customer service is like, but if they are like most companies, they'll probably just point out that you can get other phones connected to it, so if your new phone isn't connecting it the new phone that is the issue.

Not saying there is an issue with the iPhone7, just to be clear, but rather that is a way for VW to wash their hands of it.

Well they tend to try to do a bit better than that since they want you to buy a new car from them again in the future. I've been able to pop into them or ring them about a few small issues (like a warning light that wouldnt go out) and they were able to talk me through a reset over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Its pretty straightforward to do on my mk6 golf of the top of my head on the radio settings phone and should be a option to restore factory. I can't imagine it that much more different. If not look in the manual specific for the radio

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It's an issue with your cars bluetooth connection management. Not a phone issue.
    I've paired 4 iPhone 7's since launch date without issue, one to a parrot, 2 to BMW and one to VW.

Advertisement