Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Smart TV+Netflix= Problem

• 29-09-2016 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi,
    I hope it is good place to ask about help. Almost a year ago I bought Samsung Smart TV (6-series). A few months ago Netflix app stopped working with error code nw-4-7 (only on tv, other devices works fine). I spent hours talking with Samsung support I sent a lot of emails but it did not help. The same with Virgin media. Finally they both told me to contact Netflix with this issue. Netflix sent me back to my provider with suggestion that there is a problem with my router (technicolor).
    Did anyone experience the same problem with Netflix app on Samsung's TV?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Pseudorandom

Artur.PL wrote: »
    Hi,
    I hope it is good place to ask about help. Almost a year ago I bought Samsung Smart TV (6-series). A few months ago Netflix app stopped working with error code nw-4-7 (only on tv, other devices works fine). I spent hours talking with Samsung support I sent a lot of emails but it did not help. The same with Virgin media. Finally they both told me to contact Netflix with this issue. Netflix sent me back to my provider with suggestion that there is a problem with my router (technicolor).
    Did anyone experience the same problem with Netflix app on Samsung's TV?

Do your other tv apps work? Is the tv definitely connected to the Internet?
    I have intermittent problems with internet connectivity on my tv, think it's something to do with poor management of DHCP leases.

1. Have you tried turning the tv fully off (i.e. plugging out from the wall and then plugging in again) and resetting the router before turning the tv on again
    2. I've had success before by setting the IP address manually on the tv. Pick an address in the 192.168 range (e.g. 192.168.0.50, netmask 255.255.255.0 and dns server 8.8.8.8)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

Sorry, my fault. I forgot: Smart Hub, router, restarted and factory reset done a few times. DNS changed to 8.8.8.8 ( tried different also). All other apps work fine. All the tips I found on the internet or got from support done. Even streaming quality (netflix settings) changed from high to auto.

Different problem to me so, usually my tv loses all connectivity. Only thing I could suggest is maybe reinstalling the netflix app?

Thats the problem. The same was with my mobile devices and reistalling was the solution. But on the TV set app is pre installed and even Samsung cant do this as I was told (very strange).

Some people have had success setting their tv to a region netflix isn't available in and then setting it back. Tv will remove it then you can reinstall.

• Advertisement

Changed to China twice but it did not work.

Advertisement