Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heating Options?

• 29-09-2016 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Bought a detached 2 storey house that is 1800 sq ft. Currently the house has storage heating.

We are trying to weigh up the various options available to us - oil heating, gas heating or electric heating.

We've been advised that if we put in electric heating (fahro, jouletherm, etc) that obviously there would be less work involved in the initial set up as no floors would be disturbed for laying pipes, etc. However I have no idea if they make economical sense with regards to high electricity bills.

Looking for impartial advise if it was your house that size what would you be looking at installing into the house? Any help or advise would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Exiled1

High quality insulation is a least as important. Don't skimp on cost of same.
    As one who has solar heating I am a big fan but you nee dot have south facing roof.
    electric heating is an expensive option no matter which system you use. A family friend recently got rid of storage heating and replaced with solar and oil. All in all probably the best long term plan. But remember to get the insulation right first.
    I know nothing about heat pumps but they feature prominently in the latest A rated houses.

Advertisement