Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download speeds on Xbox One slower than they should be

Options
  • 29-09-2016 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Basically download speeds on my Xbox One are not what they should be compared to my other devices. PS4, Steam etc. are grand, can get roughly 50mb download. On the Xbox its roughly 20mb when downloading a game but when I run a speed test using the edge browser it shows 50mb. I can't think of why the Xbox is having issues when other devices are working.

Just some background info. I'm using Imagine LTE since Wednesday so I'm limited in what I can do and what access I have to any settings. Have tested both wireless and wired, same result. I was thinking it was an issue with imagine but all other devices work great, then was thinking its the Xbox but a speed test through the browser shows it getting a faster speed.

I'll welcome all suggestions or even if anyone else is using Imagine LTE on the Xbox and are having a similar issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

mailrewop wrote: »
    Basically download speeds on my Xbox One are not what they should be compared to my other devices. PS4, Steam etc. are grand, can get roughly 50mb download. On the Xbox its roughly 20mb when downloading a game but when I run a speed test using the edge browser it shows 50mb. I can't think of why the Xbox is having issues when other devices are working.

Just some background info. I'm using Imagine LTE since Wednesday so I'm limited in what I can do and what access I have to any settings. Have tested both wireless and wired, same result. I was thinking it was an issue with imagine but all other devices work great, then was thinking its the Xbox but a speed test through the browser shows it getting a faster speed.

I'll welcome all suggestions or even if anyone else is using Imagine LTE on the Xbox and are having a similar issue.

Thanks.

Same set up and I have the same results.

Seems to be a lot of people complain about the slow download speeds on the Xbone.

I've had better results at times if I go to 5ghz on the tplink but it could just be coincidence too as I don't bother switching too much. 20mb does me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

amadablam wrote: »
    Same set up and I have the same results.

Seems to be a lot of people complain about the slow download speeds on the Xbone.

I've had better results at times if I go to 5ghz on the tplink but it could just be coincidence too as I don't bother switching too much. 20mb does me :D

ah yea its better than what I had, just a shame we can't use its full potential :( :pac: Are you in the dash preview? Whether that has an impact I don't know. Was onto both imagine and microsoft today with no real solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

mailrewop wrote: »
    ah yea its better than what I had, just a shame we can't use its full potential :( :pac: Are you in the dash preview? Whether that has an impact I don't know. Was onto both imagine and microsoft today with no real solutions.

Yeah the fastest DL I've seen on the Xbone has been 70 mb but I normally get around 20mb. Ps4 seems to do better.

I'm not on the preview at all. Let us know how you get on with imagine, I'd say that they won't be able to do much. The faster the speed, the quicker you get on the naughty list and get throttled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

sorry lads I haven't my xbox in front of me but what works for me is alternate mac address, hit clear and it'll restart. that should cure it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Also, what's the IP address of the Xbox? If I recall correctly, sometimes your router can give out a IPv6 address, which can mess up some things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement