Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartathlon 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

Rolando finished 33:17

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

zindicato wrote:
    Rolando finished 33:17

Brilliant, in the history books now as first ever entrant and finisher from the Philipines.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

Bridget Brady 34:55

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

UM1 has had to pull out, unfortunately :(

I can't get any news about Billy, which is not a great sign either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

UM1 has had to pull out, unfortunately :(

I can't get any news about Billy, which is not a great sign either.

Billy & Anto both out on medical grounds but ok. 224k for Anto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

Brillint races by Enduro and KW an BB and rolando,he spent the night in hospital after faintin when he finished,.billy hit the deck(literally) with circa 25k to go,i was playin chicken with a few cars with circa 23 k to...great suport out from rolandos crew and Enduros burd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

Thanks for following. Very happy with the result. A top ten finish was beyond my pre-race expectations. Resiliance and hill-running fitness were the keys for me. Will definitely have to put a race report together. Considering the quality of the field, it's probably one of my best ever results.

Great Irish gang out there. Big pity that Billy and UM got so very far in but didn't make it. Neither gave up though, and went down fighting!

Great race from Keith W, running the longest he has ever done! Spent a while running together at 2 points. We both had our ups and downs. Superb time from Vilnis as well.
    great suport out from rolandos crew and Enduros burd

Big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Enduro wrote: »
    Thanks for following. Very happy with the result. A top ten finish was beyond my pre-race expectations. Resiliance and hill-running fitness were the keys for me. Will definitely have to put a race report together. Considering the quality of the field, it's probably one of my best ever results.

Great Irish gang out there. Big pity that Billy and UM got so very far in but didn't make it. Neither gave up though, and went down fighting!

Great race from Keith W, running the longest he has ever done! Spent a while running together at 2 points. We both had our ups and downs. Superb time from Vilnis as well.

Big time!

Fantastic result - well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Great stuff Enduro, well done.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

It took a while to write ... but I finally finished my Spartathlon race report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Enduro wrote: »
    It took a while to write ... but I finally finished my Spartathlon race report.

This is an utterly fantastic read, thank you! Pretty decent racing too :)

How on earth do you remember all those details?

"One aid station later at about 153km the road turned a bit"... :eek: :pac:

Thanks! I have a good memory for locations. If I look at a map for any race I've done the details will usually come flooding back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Wow, epic read on an epic run. I'm fascinated by how you could recover from the cramping and how they didn't come back later, especially with climbs and descents. I did once cramp in a marathon and recovered for about 10k but boy did the buggers come back later!

I must take some time to read about Yiannis Kouros (sp?) soon.

Well done on a superb performance.

Itziger wrote: »
    I'm fascinated by how you could recover from the cramping and how they didn't come back later, especially with climbs and descents. I did once cramp in a marathon and recovered for about 10k but boy did the buggers come back later!

Probably the reason for the hills not causing a recurrance of the cramping is the simplest one... I do so much training on hills (both road and off road) that I'm relatively well conditioned to handle them. I'd defnitely be in the camp that ascribes the likely cause of cramping to being not well conditioned enough, as opposed to environmental/hydration factors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Rockyman7

will interest a few..its a documentary on 4 runners preparing to run spartathlon 2014(shhhh karno is one of them)

https://www.facebook.com/TheRoadToSpartaFilm/

Advertisement