Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many working holiday visas can I apply for?

Options
  • 30-09-2016 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm currently in Canada on an IEC (Working Holiday) visa. It was granted in April and i activated it in August. At the end of my 2 years, can I apply for another 2 year working holiday visa? I am 30 years old. I know australia have had changes so that they can now only apply for 1 working holiday visa (previously they could keep applying when the previous visa expired). Can i apply again when this one finishes?

On a separate note, i have dual citizenship (irish and Australian). Can i apply for another working holiday visa using my aussie passport if i do it before i turn 31?

Thanks (the first question is the one i really want answered!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Hi all

I'm currently in Canada on an IEC (Working Holiday) visa. It was granted in April and i activated it in August. At the end of my 2 years, can I apply for another 2 year working holiday visa? I am 30 years old. I know australia have had changes so that they can now only apply for 1 working holiday visa (previously they could keep applying when the previous visa expired). Can i apply again when this one finishes?

On a separate note, i have dual citizenship (irish and Australian). Can i apply for another working holiday visa using my aussie passport if i do it before i turn 31?

Thanks (the first question is the one i really want answered!)

If you got the 2 year IEC visa you can only apply for it once. Also, it doesn't matter if you have dual citizenship, well you can chance it and also chance getting banned from Canada ;)

Best bet is to leave Canada for a while and apply for PR

Advertisement