Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mweelrea Hike - Anybody?

Options
  • 30-09-2016 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Anybody thinking of climbing Mweelrea some weekend in Oct or early Nov 2016?
    I would be interested if anybody going would let me know. If they would'nt mind if i would like to go along as no takers in my part of the woods...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Always wanted to do it myself. I won't get a chance to join you until the New Year. If you can hang on till then when the weather improves as it can get rather nasty on it during the winter.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,

Would defo make sure you have a buddy for the first trip up there.
    Can close in really fast, as can anywhere.

here is the route we took. up the "ramp" first.
    http://my.viewranger.com/track/details/NTE0NjY0

one tip - when returning around the back of mweelrea -go over the two hillocks, as they are dry. we took the flat route back to the delphi adventure center and was wet and marshy as could be.

K

Advertisement