Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I.C.U accounts.

• 30-09-2016 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

So what is the procedure now for getting the accounts adopted? Do we have to have another EGM or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

Tychoo wrote: »
    So what is the procedure now for getting the accounts adopted? Do we have to have another EGM or what?

I am no accountant but as I understand it from what was said at the agm, the accounts for 2015-16:
    a) need to be corrected (there seemed to be a couple of duplicated items or maybe figures in the wrong place);
    b) then audited, since the agm had not adopted them (a point made from the floor);
    c) then published at least 28 days ahead of an egm at which the members can vote to adopt them.

It was pointed out that the present system whereby accounts run to 31 August means it is (virtually) impossible to hold the agm in September and comply with the 28-day rule even if the accounts were perfect. (The problem, I gather, is that the 2015-16 Treasurer changed jobs mid-summer.)
    Last year's agm voted to have the agm in September rather than October as in 2015 and it does seem desirable to have the agm early in the playing season.
    So it looks as if either in 2016-17 or 2017-18 the ICU will need a "short year" for the accounts ending 31 July.
    The chairman said it might also be a good idea to prepare half-year accounts so that the work at the end of the year was less onerous and time-consuming.

Others who were present at the meeting are welcome to correct me if I misheard/ misunderstood something.

Advertisement