Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom have taken money from my account - i have no eircom services!!

Options
  • 30-09-2016 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

I was supposed to get Eircom installed in July 2014. I had numerous issues with engineers not showing up changing install dates ect. So many issues that in the end I cancelled the install and never went ahead with the order. 

After the second no show of an engineer Eircom added €25 credit to my account as way of an apology. I rang them sometime last year to inform them (again) that I  was still  receiving a bill. The bill was always in credit as i never actually had the service. I was advised to just ignore bills and it would be rectified.  The amount of credit increased as each bill came. The last bill i looked at was €51 in credit!!! I just ignore all the bills as i had asked them to stop and they didn't. Apart from binning the bills there wasn't much more i could do.

Fast forward 2 years to the most recent bill which for some reason now had me owing €16.01 this is taking into account the fact that I was €51 in Credit the last time i opened one. I don't open all the bills so i am not even sure if this is the first time a bill was not a credit amount.  I immediately rang Eir and spoke to someone about it. They looked into it and apologised and said they would rectify it and that i would not be billed. I have just noticed that Eir have actually deducted the €16.01 from my account.  

I have no account with Eir I don't even have a working phone socket it my house.  The only reason i even remember when the install was supposed to happen was i checked by in my inbox here to see when i sent a mail complaining about the no show of the technician.

I want this rectified with immediate effect can you let me know please how i solve this.

Many thanks, 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭danois

If it helps the account number I found in the mails I send to eir support on here was <snip>. I really want this looked at ASAP. It's a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If Eircom doesn't help, goto Comreg. Also talk to your bank about the charge not being authorised by you. Probably an idea to check your statements over the past while to see if they took any other money out over the past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭danois

Managed to speak to someone in eir only to be told they can't refund the money to my account. They need to post a cheque which will take 10-14 days to issue! It's a total joke. Luckily enough I have an overdraft set up on my account as otherwise there wouldn't have been enough to cover my Electricity bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Simple fix, ignore their offer of cheque, go to bank and request refund - under sepa rules you can request dd refund without a reason!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

danois wrote: »
    They need to post a cheque which will take 10-14 days to issue!
    Ha ha ha, at least eir still have their sense of humour.
    Based on tge experiences of others here, you are unlikely to see your money before Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

danois wrote: »
    I was supposed to get Eircom installed in July 2014. I had numerous issues with engineers not showing up changing install dates ect. So many issues that in the end I cancelled the install and never went ahead with the order. 

After the second no show of an engineer Eircom added €25 credit to my account as way of an apology. I rang them sometime last year to inform them (again) that I  was still  receiving a bill. The bill was always in credit as i never actually had the service. I was advised to just ignore bills and it would be rectified.  The amount of credit increased as each bill came. The last bill i looked at was €51 in credit!!! I just ignore all the bills as i had asked them to stop and they didn't. Apart from binning the bills there wasn't much more i could do.

Fast forward 2 years to the most recent bill which for some reason now had me owing €16.01 this is taking into account the fact that I was €51 in Credit the last time i opened one. I don't open all the bills so i am not even sure if this is the first time a bill was not a credit amount.  I immediately rang Eir and spoke to someone about it. They looked into it and apologised and said they would rectify it and that i would not be billed. I have just noticed that Eir have actually deducted the €16.01 from my account.  

I have no account with Eir I don't even have a working phone socket it my house.  The only reason i even remember when the install was supposed to happen was i checked by in my inbox here to see when i sent a mail complaining about the no show of the technician.

I want this rectified with immediate effect can you let me know please how i solve this.

Many thanks, 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]danois,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm so sorry to hear this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me the account number and I will look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement