Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017 Season Ticket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Our 3 Mayo tickets have finally updated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

glack wrote: »
    Our 3 Mayo tickets have finally updated.

Same as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Well that was nerveracking. Guess the tension will only mount later on in the season with this kind of delay and the "no appeal whatsoever" rule.

Maby if I video the gate keeper and get them to state the time and date and place and then my ticket being scanned and walking through gate, then I'd have an appeal case. Would have to do that 3 times for each match in mchale and if everybody felt they had to do it it would really slow things down at the gate. But what am I to do? I know I can't trust the scanners in mchale from experience and I know I'm not alone going by posts on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Oldtree wrote: »
    Well that was nerveracking. Guess the tension will only mount later on in the season with this kind of delay and the "no appeal whatsoever" rule.

Maby if I video the gate keeper and get them to state the time and date and place and then my ticket being scanned and walking through gate, then I'd have an appeal case. Would have to do that 3 times for each match in mchale and if everybody felt they had to do it it would really slow things down at the gate. But what am I to do? I know I can't trust the scanners in mchale from experience and I know I'm not alone going by posts on here.

Date and time is on the scanner on the gate that you enter. Would be some fun if every season ticket holder videoed each ticket going through the stile. About a minute per ticket x 3,000 odd season tickets.... :eek:

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Date and time is on the scanner on the gate that you enter. Would be some fun if every season ticket holder videoed each ticket going through the stile. About a minute per ticket x 3,000 odd season tickets.... :eek:

I'll just have to start going earlier so ;-)

Have to wonder how they can cock up a simple bar code scan in this day and age. The tills in tescos get it right every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Oldtree wrote: »

Why would you have to do it three times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Still no print tickets option for Dublin games yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Trampas wrote: »

Tickets there now ... 307 , must be expecting a big crowd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

Trampas wrote: »
    in fairness they sent a mail saying they would be ready from 12pm today, mine were there bang on 12

howiya wrote: »
    Why would you have to do it three times?

To be sure, to be sure, to be sure :D

Got 2 children, so wouldn't want them missing their AI tickets either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Thankfully attendance updated and all good.

There is free tickets for Season tickets holders for Saturdays Croke park double header as well now.
    That's the Dublin cousins sorted!

ureds wrote: »
    Thankfully attendance updated and all good.

There is free tickets for Season tickets holders for Saturdays Croke park double header as well now.
    That's the Dublin cousins sorted!

Would it affect us though with both games being on at the same time? I got them a good few times before, but the Dublin match was on at a different time to our own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

how strict are they on the 'no card transfer' thing. I have my card and my dads card on my account and what if my Brother in law etc wanted to head to a game with my dad where i cant go ?? could he use my card

The GAA have there money as i payed for my card last year

PTH2009 wrote: »
    how strict are they on the 'no card transfer' thing. I have my card and my dads card on my account and what if my Brother in law etc wanted to head to a game with my dad where i cant go ?? could he use my card

In my experience, they have no issue with you giving a family member your card. It's giving it to random strangers just to get it scanned that they don't like. My dad is unwell at the moment and can't go, but my sister is using his card as she'd be heading to the games anyway.

PTH2009 wrote: »

No problem with someone else using your season ticket. If however, you were standing at the turnstile with 20 tickets looking for people to scan them for you (yes, I have seen this happen!), there could be bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Any football or hurling season ticket holders ( any county ) fancy getting a ticket for Croke Park tomorrow and emailing it for me

Mayo attendance record now updated.
    That was quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

No sign of mine yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Folks are the junior and inter club finals next week covered with the season ticket like the senior finals are?

statto25 wrote: »
    No sign of mine yet....

Or mine. Early days yet!

• Advertisement

glack wrote: »
    Or mine. Early days yet!

Few more on Twitter saying they weren't either. Hopefully all will be sorted. I enjoyed the weekend so not being updated would sour it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

At the Fermanagh - Galway match today, there was a big queue for the season ticket turnstile. There wasn't any queue at the other turnstiles. To combat this growing queue, one of the 'organisers' called over a girl who was selling programmes. To speed things up, she was saying to the girl to write down the details of the card instead of scanning it. They had only 1 scanner. They were trying to set up this system as I came to the head of the queue. The guy with the scanner scanner my ticket. I am not sure he scanned it correctly as it didn't make a sound but he told me to go ahead (they seemed to be panicking somewhat about the ever growing queue). My attendance has not been updated yet. If it doesn't get updated, is it possible for me to get it updated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I checked my attendance on Friday and it had last nights game down as 'NOT ATTENDED' already. It still says the same even though we all went. How long does it usually take to update, first year getting the season ticket and I didnt travel to Donegal last week.

BPKS wrote: »
    I checked my attendance on Friday and it had last nights game down as 'NOT ATTENDED' already. It still says the same even though we all went. How long does it usually take to update, first year getting the season ticket and I didnt travel to Donegal last week.

Took a few days for my Galway ticket to update last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

At the Fermanagh - Galway match today, there was a big queue for the season ticket turnstile. There wasn't any queue at the other turnstiles. To combat this growing queue, one of the 'organisers' called over a girl who was selling programmes. To speed things up, she was saying to the girl to write down the details of the card instead of scanning it. They had only 1 scanner. They were trying to set up this system as I came to the head of the queue. The guy with the scanner scanner my ticket. I am not sure he scanned it correctly as it didn't make a sound but he told me to go ahead (they seemed to be panicking somewhat about the ever growing queue). My attendance has not been updated yet. If it doesn't get updated, is it possible for me to get it updated?

It's a pain in the ass if it's not updated
    Mine was updated for mayo cork IN CORK last year and they refused to update it
    If have been raging if it meant I didn't have the required attendance for AI ticket but I knew I'd be grand

My nephews was updated earlier, mine still hasn't been. Went in different stile to my nephew, my mate was in front of me and his hasn't been updated either. Lot of Kerry fans were giving out fook that their cards wouldn't scan or it was saying already scanned.

km79 wrote: »
    It's a pain in the ass if it's not updated
    Mine was updated for mayo cork IN CORK last year and they refused to update it
    If have been raging if it meant I didn't have the required attendance for AI ticket but I knew I'd be grand

Yeah I'll be furious if this isn't updated. As a Galway fan, I don't think AI tickets will be an issue for me later in the year (and I'm still going to make 60% of matches anyway), but I'd still like to know this is done properly. If it's not done properly, it would put me off buying again.

rpurfield wrote: »
    Folks are the junior and inter club finals next week covered with the season ticket like the senior finals are?
    Yes.Just bring your season ticket to the Hogan Stand stiles and you can get in free.
    It's unreserved seating as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Tickets there now ... 307 , must be expecting a big crowd

I got v 310. Practically at the goal line, worst seats I ever got as a season ticket holder for years .

There was absolutely no need for it either stuck out in the rain when there were plenty of covered seats, i was lucky I had a plan B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Stoner wrote: »
    I got v 310. Practically at the goal line, worst seats I ever got as a season ticket holder for years .

There was absolutely no need for it either stuck out in the rain when there were plenty of covered seats, i was lucky I had a plan B

How on earth can they plan it so badly when there's only 30 odd thousand in the stadium,a portion of which are Hill 16 regulars?Surely all the season ticket holders can be seated centrally and under some measure of cover.

Outstanding attendances updated now folks for Kerry Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Anyone's attendance for the Kilkenny/Waterford match update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Muntz39

Our attendance for KK Vs WD not updated yet anyway....

Thats some stinker of a mail just sent out to season ticket holders. Now if they'd only put as much effort into the numerous scanning problem issues. Instead of point blank refusing to even engage with people having scanning problems. I agree 100% with them about the abuse of tickets and they should cancel anyone caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thats some stinker of a mail just sent out to season ticket holders. Now if they'd only put as much effort into the numerous scanning problem issues. Instead of point blank refusing to even engage with people having scanning problems. I agree 100% with them about the abuse of tickets and they should cancel anyone caught.

Just after reading it
    Now that's an angry email !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I'm pretty sure they send that out every year.

I'm pretty sure they send that out every year.

This is the worst one yet

To me this is the first step in them taking away the ST scheme. They will push this over the coming year while doing feck all to stop it or resolve the scanning issues. Then at the end of the year they will pull the plug saying it's no longer feasible due to misuse of the product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

what was the email, was it people looking to get a clatter of tickets scanned for attendance when nobody was there or the wrong people using a card ?

what was the email, was it people looking to get a clatter of tickets scanned for attendance when nobody was there or the wrong people using a card ?

They have a valid point about the abuse of the season tickets by some people. You can by the way give your ticket for someone else to use if you cant go yourself. The issue is people standing outside a ground with 10/15 tickets giving them to people just to get them scanned. I've seen this happen myself. I have also seen people go in, come out another gate and go back in again scanning a different card :mad:

What maddens me though is when you use your season ticket as you should, but for some reason your attendance isn't recorded. Croke Park point blank refuse to even listen to you, or try to find out what the issue is. It has happened many people many times. My nephew went in a different stile in Killarney on Saturday evening, his was updated at 12 yesterday. Myself and a friend went in a different stile, neither of our cards were updated until this morning, and I'm assuming that it was only for Kerry county board saying that there was a problem with a scanner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Muntz39

I'd agree - this seems like the latest step in a process to eventually discontinue the season ticket...

It seems someone is hell-bent on making it less attractive each year. For example they have upped the prices in the last few years, doubled the price of the juvenile ticket and removed the early bird offer.

I strongly suspect the County Boards don't like it as the season ticket allocation for an All-Ireland Final comes straight out of the county's overall allocation and eventually they will make sure the scheme is disbanded.

The angry email on the misuse of tickets is nonsense and as the poster said a cover reason for ultimately shutting it down. I'd have no issue with anyone passing on their ticket to someone to get it scanned, makes no difference to me one way or the other, so long as I maintain a 60% attendance rate I'm still entitled to a ticket for the final no matter what anyone else does....

They have a valid point about the abuse of the season tickets by some people. You can by the way give your ticket for someone else to use if you cant go yourself. The issue is people standing outside a ground with 10/15 tickets giving them to people just to get them scanned. I've seen this happen myself. I have also seen people go in, come out another gate and go back in again scanning a different card :mad:

What maddens me though is when you use your season ticket as you should, but for some reason your attendance isn't recorded. Croke Park point blank refuse to even listen to you, or try to find out what the issue is. It has happened many people many times. My nephew went in a different stile in Killarney on Saturday evening, his was updated at 12 yesterday. Myself and a friend went in a different stile, neither of our cards were updated until this morning, and I'm assuming that it was only for Kerry county board saying that there was a problem with a scanner.

The card system is used the world over but is usually integrated with the turnstile and the scanning is done by the card holder. If you scan correctly then you gain access. Doing this across the country is never going to happen so why not pair the scanners with a small printer, you scan the ticket and if successful you get a small receipt or acknowledgement. The cost of those would be miniscule compared to automated turnstiles and then if the scanner doesnt upload correctly you have some comeback.
    This "tough sh1t" attitude when you have an issue is not right for a product where you could spend €300 depending on how successful your team is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So I'm down as attended for the kilkenny vs Waterford game but my dad who was with me is down as not attended ??
    How does he go about fixing it ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

With the 2017 Allianz Leagues having commenced in both codes the GAA Ticket Office would like to draw attention to some issues that have been witnessed by GAA Ticket Office staff and also have brought to our attention over the opening two weekends.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

The presentation of multiple season ticket cards or tickets for scanning at turnstles in order to falsify attendance records for non-attending Season Ticket holders is strictly prohibited.
    Adults will not be permitted entry to a fixture using a Juvenile (U16) GAA Season Ticket card.
    GAA Season Ticket holders are not permitted to transfer Season Ticket cards at Match Day venues.
    Similarly, GAA Season Ticket holders are not permitted to enter a ground using a Season Ticket card and then exit a ground in order to try and re-enter using a different GAA Season Ticket card.
    We have witnessed such incidents and also been informed by County Boards, and by fellow Season Ticket holders that these types of incidents have occured at multiple venues over the past two weekends.

The above practices completely undermine the entire Season Ticket product and also undermine the GAA Season Ticket Holders who have travelled, some of them huge distances, to attend a particular fixture.

We have issued a directive to all County Boards to note the details of any Season Ticket cards which are abused in this manner. If a GAA Season Ticket card within an account is found to be used in any of the aforementioned ways, we will have no option but to cancel all GAA Season Tickets within that account.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

No matter what they do people will always find a way around it. That's just reality.

Gaa I say don't care as they get their money. Reality the ST is getting bigger attendance if not there. Thousands wouldn't go to games without the option of the ai final ticket across counties. Is attendance number based on ticket scan or turnstile click?

It's county boards care as said already as they're down tickets. If you take a video going into turnstile will they accept that as proof?

They know when there's a problem but just put their heads in the sand and hope it goes away

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Are people seriously suggesting that there's an agenda within the GAA to disband the season ticket scheme?I'm well aware of the possible motives behind same,just curious as to whither there is any likelihood of same happening.I really hope to God there is no truth to this suggestion as it is a fair means of rewarding supporters who take the trouble of regularly supporting their county in the flesh,whilst it is a guaranteed source of revenue for the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Emails sent out to season ticket holders this morning has made it to the Irish examiner today, http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa-warn-season-ticket-holders-over-abuse-of-loyalty-system-776928.html

mayo.mick wrote:

Got that too.

However for us Mayo and Dublin fans with no renewals it's a different story. My son is only 20 months so he can't go yet so my wife minds him, my friend, on a list now for 5 years used hers last year with a 100 percent attendance record. No way I've giving up that ticket as she's back in a year or so with himself going too as it should be . We've had the ticket for years

But if we surrender that , nobody else gets it , we won't get another in two years. It's not all abuse. Some of its is just holding your own.

They should allow transfers or recognise that waiting list that was ignored last year again.

seligehgit wrote:
    Are people seriously suggesting that there's an agenda within the GAA to disband the season ticket scheme?I'm well aware of the possible motives behind same,just curious as to whither there is any likelihood of same happening.I really hope to God there is no truth to this suggestion as it is a fair means of rewarding supporters who take the trouble of regularly supporting their county in the flesh,whilst it is a guaranteed source of revenue for the GAA.

I think they do want to get rid of it.
    They want more control over the championship tickets, they don't like the fact that you can get tickets without contributing to a club.
    I see the logic in it. Just doesn't suit me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Stoner wrote: »
    Got that too.

However for us Mayo and Dublin fans with no renewals it's a different story. My son is only 20 months so he can't go yet so my wife minds him, my friend, on a list now for 5 years used hers last year with a 100 percent attendance record. No way I've giving up that ticket as she's back in a year or so with himself going too as it should be . We've had the ticket for years

But if we surrender that , nobody else gets it , we won't get another in two years. It's not all abuse. Some of its is just holding your own.

They should allow transfers or recognise that waiting list that was ignored last year again.

I don't think you are the target audience for their email. They don't have a problem with a ST holder giving their ticket to a friend or a family member to use, if they can't go themselves. If you make a private arrangement for someone that you know, to go in your (or your wifes) stead, that is fine.

Their beef is the whole scale abuse of the program, whereby people show up on match day, with a whole bunch of ST cards and tickets. They are then getting total strangers to use the "freebie" tickets and get their ST card scanned, thereby depriving the GAA of the revenue from the paying punters, as well as falsely inflating the attendance of a bunch of absent ST holders.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement