Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Free parking on Saturdays in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 30-09-2016 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am going to Dublin this weekend and I'm looking to find out some locations in the city centre where on-street parking is free on Saturdays (preferably all day).

Any suggestion would be really appreciate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Where abouts in the city? I used to park on Waterloo Rd on a Saturday for free (not on the bus lane side), there were some other streets nearby like Wellington Rd that I think were also free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I don't know about any free parking areas, but you can leave the car at the Connolly Station car park for 9.00 euro full day, or 8.00 if you book online...it's not too expensive, and cheaper than a bus/DART/luas fare if you have a party of more than 1 person.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pabloazazel

According to google maps Lombard Court and Lombard Street are free Saturday and Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

According to google maps Lombard Court and Lombard Street are free Saturday and Sunday

Just saw that...anyway you want to double check OP, Google reported "8 Euro full day parking" for a specific Q-Park facility a while ago, left the car there, came back and was stung with a 32 Euro bill as Google's info was "outdated" :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Down around Lombard street, and the streets off it are free on Saturday. They get taking quickly on Lombard street but just off it beside the spar/centra there does be loads.

I used to park there every Saturday when I was in TCD doing my Post Grad.

Edit : Hanover Street East. There's also on path parking that's free at city quay just before the turn onto Lombard street, but again, it's gets taken quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Sarsfield Street and some nearby street just in behind the Mater Hospital - used to be free Sat & Sun when I was working there a couple of years ago. There were always several spaces on a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

How do you get parking hours from Google Maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

markpb wrote: »
    How do you get parking hours from Google Maps?

Go into streetview and read the parking signs?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Go into streetview and read the parking signs?

Signs could be years old at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pabloazazel

I can confirm Lombard Court is free saturday and Sunday. I parked the car there all the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Fontenoy Street is free at weekends. 10 min walk from O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Hanover Quay - not all of it - only the half furthest from the theatre (the 'waterfront' apts), near Airb'n'b HQ. Benson St too.
    Dub city council love cruising around Hanover quay and Benson St so ffs do not park on/near a corner.

Parking in front of Airb'n'b is free all week long (the part on the cobblestones). You'd be lucky to get a spot there during the week, but very likely to get a spot on Saturday and Sunday. Unless Airb'n'b have decided to get private clampers.... I doubt it.

Advertisement