Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Raid Order

Options
  • 30-09-2016 1:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So folks we have a good few raids out now, put yours in order of preferance :D

1: Wrath of the Machine - Absolutely love this raid from start to finish, you start off and get stuck straigh into action. The jumping sections are small and not over tedious then the first main boss battle is great fun with the siva charges etc. The last boss, ok its a bit complicated but its so much fun :D

2: Kings Fall - This was on the top spot for a long time and it tells with over 50 full completions. The only annoying partin this raid was the poxy dildo room.

3: Crota - Quick and a laugh.

4: Vault of Glass - I only got a few runs at this but they were good fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Too early to judge for me. Have too see it plays out over weeks/months

EDIT: That being said, I find them all fairly equal. People s**t on CE cause it can be done in 20 mins, but back in the day, at launch, when it was (too?) challenging, it was very different. It doesn't get the Nostalgic treatment VoG does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Too early to judge for me. Have too see it plays out over weeks/months

EDIT: That being said, I find them all fairly equal. People s**t on CE cause it can be done in 20 mins, but back in the day, at launch, when it was (too?) challenging, it was very different. It doesn't get the Nostalgic treatment VoG does

CE's advantage is that pre-update it is a handy material for motes run.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    So folks we have a good few raids out now, put yours in order of preferance :D

1: Wrath of the Machine - Absolutely love this raid from start to finish, you start off and get stuck straigh into action. The jumping sections are small and not over tedious then the first main boss battle is great fun with the siva charges etc. The last boss, ok its a bit complicated but its so much fun :D

2: Kings Fall - This was on the top spot for a long time and it tells with over 50 full completions. The only annoying partin this raid was the poxy dildo room.

3: Crota - Quick and a laugh.

4: Vault of Glass - I only got a few runs at this but they were good fun.

Get out you swine. VOG was excellent. Spent nearly a day on each part. Took a few hours to open the bloody door to get into the place :D

You youngster's blowing in when all the hard work has been done using blues as a level 27 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

The glasses get ever rosier and tintyer as time puts distance between us and VoG. All up on the ledge with Icebreakers for the oracles, god that was a bore. Half the raid was jumping through empty rooms. It was grand like. I dont get the love.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

1: VoG
    2: Crota's End
    3: Wrath of The Machine
    4: King's Fall.

CE is massively underrated because most groups cheesed the bridge which was a great encounter..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

So far... VOG, WotM, KF, Crota.

Can't wait to go back and do VOG again and 6 of us to use Y3 gally. Something very satisfying about nuking atheon.

Come to mention it, I expected a lot more 6 x Y3 Gally vs Warpriest, or Atheon, or Golgoroth videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I would love to be the guardian holding Time's Vengeance while the other 5 shoot gallys;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

KF is definitely my least favorite. Likely because it was a month or more after release before I ran it and by that time everyone else was familiar with it, and I didn't really get the chance to experience it as a 'new' raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

VOG knocking the Templar off the edge as the only sunsinger was my favourite. Those were the days when everyone had one character.
    Crota's End aka "I can't do the Sword"
    hated KF jump jump jump

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Crota's End definitely the worst because of all the glitches in the main boss battle at the end. The number of times he wouldn't go down on his knee after you hit him with rockets, or he'd get up and hit you when he shouldn't have etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I've never understood the hate that CE got. It was themed perfectly for the Hive, just swarm after swarm of enemies. First time running it was heart pounding, trying to keep an eye out for the 'splodey Thralls, that seemingly could explode on other side of map and take you out. Lost count of how many time they got me at 2nd and 3rd lantern.

I've run every raid legit the first time. VoG, I was down tickling the Templar, avoiding the Fanatics, no snipe snipe from ledge stuff. Never pushed Atheon off his platform either. (Did push Templar until that was patched and then snipe snipe, but happy to have done it legit 1st)

CE, same thing. Ran the Lantern gauntlet and crossed the bridge (Thought the Bridge section was good fun, especially trying to take out the Knights with the sword as an underleveled noob)

KF, while I really enjoyed the Raid, it was let down a bit by being too technical in parts, as you where relying on everything going perfectly and hoping that everyones connection stayed green.

WotM, I've only gotten to Aksis once, and only cleared stage 1. It's a good raid and will be interesting to see how the challenge modes affect each boss section. I can see clearly now why Bungie changed ToM. Overleveling will result in some good speedruns.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

1. Wrath of the Machine - Everyone has a part to play in every part and all roles are fairly equal. Theres no "you just stand there and shoot while I do this" or "Hopefully X gets torn". Theres also room to recover from error (in NM anyway)

2. VoG - The atmosphere and real sense of adventure was great. You could also get really lost in there the first few times/going in blind.

3. Kings Fall - Very technical and not much room for error. Lore behind it was great and in depth. Interesting mechanics. Beating HM the first time will always be one of my favorite Destiny moments.

4. Crotas End - Enjoyed it at the beginning but HM was just hard. The floor was literally lava and Boomers could break your heart. I wasn't great at being the Sword bearer so at times felt like I was being carried. Got the Crux though so didn't mind :D

Advertisement