Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling event with mad prizes

Options
  • 30-09-2016 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi guy our local club is organising a cycling event and night away for our members in three weeks time,
    we are giving out prizes to all our groups but the leisure group is my one to organise,
    Can anyone think of any mad prizes we can give out, maybe the best motivational rider, the loudest in the group, the most punchers ! Wobbly rider ! We want to give something back to them and make it fun also,
    Your ideas would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Well we did have a Golden Wheel Sucker Award. Its a Plunger that was sprayed with Gold Paint . Come to think of it it was not presented for a few years. Might be because the last recipient became Chairman at the next Agm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Immediate thought is for punctures you could give them a tyre lever/inner tube/puncture repair kit.

Wobbly rider gets training wheels.

Loudest gets ear plugs.

Motivational rider gets Lance Armstrong's book.

(All of these are to be given with a laugh and a joke. Nobody should take it too serious)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

wooden spoon for sh1t st1rrers ...... I received one of them ! :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Back of coffee for rider who is too mean to have a coffee at the coffee stop

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

The "Gas man award" for the guy that feels the need to announce all his farts.

And a whip around for that one guy that always seems to have forgotten his money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

A child's soother for loudest.

A cheap alarm clock for the one that always end turns up to group spins late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

Werther's originals for the oldest.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Glad I won't be there when such nasty sneery prizes will be given.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Chuchote wrote: »

I think you're looking at it too seriously. I saw keywords of mad prizes, leisure cyclists, and fun. That would tell me that it is not to be taken seriously at all, but should be in the spirit of a laugh and a joke, which I did specifically say in my earlier post.

Not everything about cycling needs to be deadly serious. A bit of humour can be welcome every so often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Guess who's getting a bulb because they need to lighten up

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

I hope you're not including the Turbospoke in that category, because it's just about the most awesome cycling accessory I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

I don't mind the categories, but the prizes should be nice. Giving someone a humiliating prize, that's nasty. Thanks for the bulb, by the way.

Advertisement