Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing UPC box

• 30-09-2016 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭

my UPC gear went missing during renovations (SD box and TC7200 modem).
    I am happy to upgrade to Horizon and pay the reasonable value for the lost gear .

They propose to charge me €304 for two items, which is exorbitant.
    http://support.virginmedia.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/335/~/returning-equipment-to-virgin-media

I pointed out to their rep on boards that losing a new mediabox would only mean a €157 charge, but because I had two older and much less valuable pieces of equipment I have to pay twice.

Any perspective on this, or who to speak to to get a reasonable valuation would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

ring them and just upgrade to horizon, They wont ask for the old SD box back anymore.

On a side note, Make sure your TV you are using it with has HDMI, There is little point using Horizon on a Scart lead, though you can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

ring them and just upgrade to horizon, They wont ask for the old SD box back anymore.

Did this. Courier refused to deliver until he got the gear back.
    On a side note, Make sure your TV you are using it with has HDMI, There is little point using Horizon on a Scart lead, though you can do it.

No problem there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

ucdperson wrote: »

No problem there.

Ask your mates, someone will have an old box you can just hand them instead.

Honestly, pressure them more, it all goes into a bin, they really don't need to charge you. Just keep saying you will only upgrade if they waive the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

ucdperson wrote: »

Possibly because they now know you lost the old gear - did you volunteer this information? My only experience of the courier taking gear back is if it's a current model that's broken but for old gear that will never be sent back out, they typically do not ask for it to be returned.

As advised, ask your friends if they have any old UPC boxes, I doubt if the courier will care what you give him.

Advertisement