Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting connected, the hardest part, what will the service be like?

Options
  • 30-09-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Decided to connect to Eir in July 4th, BB TV,Phone etc, advised sales at the time I require a phone line from road to house via a pole. Technician called on August 28th to install, confirmed that could not connect via ducting and will need to get a pole erected and run the cable that way. Several days later Eir cancelled my account and created a new account. After several phone calls to support asking when this will be done i received an email it will be installed on October 6th!!!! I again contacted support outlining that I am now without BB and is there anyway they could revise this date? I believed I was making head way with this and was beginning to believe that it will be done this Monday the 3rd. I received a call from the Open Eir connections team and got told that the technician will be there on Monday, I queried the availability of a pole, I was told it was installed, which it is not. After several phone calls, it appears that what they mean is on Monday a technician will call to my house to do a survey and the connection, at which time he will confirm to Eir that a pole is required. I asked can they not use the detail from my cancelled account, which they cancelled, that a pole is required and go from there, apparently this is not possible, a technician will need to go to my house and do a survey!!! Unbelievable!! I wonder will they then cancel my account again and this whole merry go round start again with a new account!!???

What a joke of a process..... I have been promised numerous phone calls back over the various days none of which materialised.

I wonder how they can function. Sending out a technician to the same address to perform a survey to confirm what needs to be done just because they cancelled and created a new account, a joke.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

empty21 wrote: »
    Decided to connect to Eir in July 4th, BB TV,Phone etc, advised sales at the time I require a phone line from road to house via a pole. Technician called on August 28th to install, confirmed that could not connect via ducting and will need to get a pole erected and run the cable that way. Several days later Eir cancelled my account and created a new account. After several phone calls to support asking when this will be done i received an email it will be installed on October 6th!!!! I again contacted support outlining that I am now without BB and is there anyway they could revise this date? I believed I was making head way with this and was beginning to believe that it will be done this Monday the 3rd. I received a call from the Open Eir connections team and got told that the technician will be there on Monday, I queried the availability of a pole, I was told it was installed, which it is not. After several phone calls, it appears that what they mean is on Monday a technician will call to my house to do a survey and the connection, at which time he will confirm to Eir that a pole is required. I asked can they not use the detail from my cancelled account, which they cancelled, that a pole is required and go from there, apparently this is not possible, a technician will need to go to my house and do a survey!!! Unbelievable!! I wonder will they then cancel my account again and this whole merry go round start again with a new account!!???

What a joke of a process..... I have been promised numerous phone calls back over the various days none of which materialised.

I wonder how they can function. Sending out a technician to the same address to perform a survey to confirm what needs to be done just because they cancelled and created a new account, a joke.....
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]empty21,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear of the delays you have experienced. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid some installs will take longer than other to complete due to the level of work required. The time taken to complete the connection will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately if an order is cancelled a new site survey would be required as it is a new order. I can understand that this must quite frustrating and I'm very sorry I cannot offer you better news. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭empty21

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear of the delays you have experienced. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid some installs will take longer than other to complete due to the level of work required. The time taken to complete the connection will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately if an order is cancelled a new site survey would be required as it is a new order. I can understand that this must quite frustrating and I'm very sorry I cannot offer you better news. [/font]

Thanks Pamela!!

I got all this information already!! I am shocked a new account was able to be created, where did you get my details from?? And how do Eir know what package I want??

Thanks Pamela!!

I got all this information already!! I am shocked a new account was able to be created, where did you get my details from?? And how do Eir know what package I want??
    eir would have these details from your existing order empty21.

-Pamela 

It is a pity then that EIR could not use the site survey obtained previously also as it was EIR who cancelled the order..

It is a pity then that EIR could not use the site survey obtained previously also as it was EIR who cancelled the order..
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid this is not possible [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]empty21.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry I could not offer you better news.[/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid this is not possible [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]empty21.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry I could not offer you better news.[/font]

Still not connected was given a date of October 28th, when I called on the 25th to confirm I was told it would go ahead on the 28th without issue. Booked a days holiday so I could be available. Didn't receive confirmation text so rang on the 27th and was then told that the 28th was a "forecast" date and a new "forecast" date of November 28th is now the hoped target date. No reason why and absolutely no indication that this new date will be met. Nothing. Just pluck a new date and hope for the best. When pressed on whether this date will be met are not they have no idea!!

Still not connected was given a date of October 28th, when I called on the 25th to confirm I was told it would go ahead on the 28th without issue. Booked a days holiday so I could be available. Didn't receive confirmation text so rang on the 27th and was then told that the 28th was a "forecast" date and a new "forecast" date of November 28th is now the hoped target date. No reason why and absolutely no indication that this new date will be met. Nothing. Just pluck a new date and hope for the best. When pressed on whether this date will be met are not they have no idea!!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Forecast dates will be allocated to all orders like this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]empty21.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]These unfortunately are not guaranteed. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Forecast dates are usually dates we expect planning permission to be approved or works completed and due to this it is not possible to advise of a guaranteed date. I can understand this must be very frustrating & I'm sorry I cannot offer you better news. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

So here we are on the 25th of November, no contact from engineer or Eir or anyone in the last 4-5 weeks, rang to see if anyone could tell me if an engineer has been assigned to this case and if so if they are scheduled to do the install. Nobody in EIR can tell me this, NOBODY. All they can say is the 28th is the forecast date and that it would be hoped to be done between now and this date. I find it unbelievable that nobody can tell me this information, unreal... I was told by customer service to remain positive that it will be done by the 28th! Given that I have placed this order in July and they have all the required information for months and weeks, they still cannot tell me if it will be done on the 28th. I have never experienced such a woeful customer service experience in my life. The amount of apologies and "that was a mistake on our behalf" and "we never should have told you that" that I have heard its a wonder how they function at all.
    I have taken holidays for no shows, on Monday they will need access to my home, if they turn up, I am now faced with do I apply for leave or just accept the inevitable, that they are not going to show anyway.
    I cannot understand how they cannot tell a customer "this is your case number and I see it is assigned to a team to be done on this date..." Instead of this is a forecast date and we have no idea if it will be achieved or not, but if not we will give you another date for a months time and sure if thats not met we will give you another date for another month,all the while telling you nothing as to why it is delayed...

So here we are on the 25th of November, no contact from engineer or Eir or anyone in the last 4-5 weeks, rang to see if anyone could tell me if an engineer has been assigned to this case and if so if they are scheduled to do the install. Nobody in EIR can tell me this, NOBODY. All they can say is the 28th is the forecast date and that it would be hoped to be done between now and this date. I find it unbelievable that nobody can tell me this information, unreal... I was told by customer service to remain positive that it will be done by the 28th! Given that I have placed this order in July and they have all the required information for months and weeks, they still cannot tell me if it will be done on the 28th. I have never experienced such a woeful customer service experience in my life. The amount of apologies and "that was a mistake on our behalf" and "we never should have told you that" that I have heard its a wonder how they function at all.
    I have taken holidays for no shows, on Monday they will need access to my home, if they turn up, I am now faced with do I apply for leave or just accept the inevitable, that they are not going to show anyway.
    I cannot understand how they cannot tell a customer "this is your case number and I see it is assigned to a team to be done on this date..." Instead of this is a forecast date and we have no idea if it will be achieved or not, but if not we will give you another date for a months time and sure if thats not met we will give you another date for another month,all the while telling you nothing as to why it is delayed...
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm very sorry to hear this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]empty21,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid we can only estimate forecast dates as we would be unaware of the exact date your local county council will approve planning permission.[/font]

Can you explain to me how the planning process works so, because I am being told that it should be Monday that my order is with "Wholesale" there was not a mention of planning. Who checks if planning has been received or at what stage the planning request is at?

• Advertisement

Can you explain to me how the planning process works so, because I am being told that it should be Monday that my order is with "Wholesale" there was not a mention of planning.  Who checks if planning has been received or at what stage the planning request is at?
    I can check this for you empty21, can you PM me your full name & account number?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

PM sent.

Any update?

Any update?
    Apologies for the delay  empty21.
    I'll be back to you shortly.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Many thanks Pamela.;)

Pamela?

Pamela?
    I've replied empty21,

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela, can you provide an update today please?

Any update?

Well the 28th has come and gone and like the 28th of October before it I had to ring to get an update as I had no contact from EIR. Finally this morning I was informed that the NEW forecast date is now the 28th of December. I asked what work was carried out in the proceeding month to justify a new forecast date. None. Just they didnt manage to hit the forecast date so another date is being issued and hopefully they will do get it done between now and then. They also told me the estate I live in is a new estate with no cabling work, which is odd as I have been living there for 12 years and my neighbors have Eir broadband.
    The annoyance is I am unable to work from home and outlined this when sales contacted me as being an urgent requirement if I was to sign up. 

I think this must be the work customer service experience I have ever encountered. A ship of fools. No ownership of the problem, just passed from pillar to post. A joke of an organisation. Its a terror to think that something as basic as a telephone line can be an ongoing issue since end of August.

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid I wasn’t online yesterday to check this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm looking into this now & will be back to you shortly.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Any update Pamela?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Wow this thread is the stuff of nightmares.

It gets worse!! After my initial call to customer service this morning informing me of the new forecast date of the 28th of December, Pamela updated me via PM that it is in fact the 13th of January 2017! No reason given, date will probably not be met. I guess this is the result of the infrastructure being monopolised!! When is Siro rolling out???

It gets worse!! After my initial call to customer service this morning informing me of the new forecast date of the 28th of December, Pamela updated me via PM that it is in fact the 13th of January 2017! No reason given, date will probably not be met. I guess this is the result of the infrastructure being monopolised!! When is Siro rolling out???
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Again apologies I could not offer you better news [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]empty21.[/font]

13th of January has gone, no contact from Eir at all, a disgrace of a service.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

They will never connect you OP, its a sorry state of affairs but eir don't put up new poles for customers. I had this years ago and was strung along for 6 months until I got hold of the local foreman who told me outright that no way was he putting in a pole for me and that I had to pay to get it done myself.

13th of January has gone, no contact from Eir at all, a disgrace of a service.....
    I'm afraid a forecast date is not guaranteed empty21. Apologies I could not offer you better news.

-Pamela 

Surely a call beforehand is a minimum to state whether this date will be met or not?
    my3cents wrote: »
    They will never connect you OP, its a sorry state of affairs but eir don't put up new poles for customers. I had this years ago and was strung along for 6 months until I got hold of the local foreman who told me outright that no way was he putting in a pole for me and that I had to pay to get it done myself.
    Any truth in this post Pamela, all indications would point to Yes so far... agreement signed in July 2016 and here we are today and not a single indication of when I will have a telephone line....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

iirc what happened with my install was I got so pi$$ed off that I put in an official complaint (there is a phone number to log a complaint call 1901 and ask them for it) and kept escalating the complaint until someone quietly gave me the number of the local foreman and told me he was the only guy who knew the area and what was or wasn't going on. It certainly wasn't an official method of communication with eir as that just gets through to people that either can't be bothered or just don't know.

If this is a new install OP then you have only two hopes Bob Hope and no hope, if there was an eir line previously at your address and you know the old number then you may have a little more leverage.

I'd certainly recommend putting in an official complaint and following up with comreg at least then you might start to get some firm reasons for whats not happening. 

Advertisement