Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting connected, the hardest part, what will the service be like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Flossy15

I'm in exactly the same position as you OP. Been waiting since June, fobbed off constantly with different forecast dates, I've given up! I would also recommend getting in touch with ComReg, even though they also haven't bothered their arses to reply to me yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭empty21

Flossy15 wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same position as you OP. Been waiting since June, fobbed off constantly with different forecast dates, I've given up! I would also recommend getting in touch with ComReg, even though they also haven't bothered their arses to reply to me yet!

Thanks for the reply I am awaiting contact tomorrow, i am guessing it will be another forecast date for sometime in February!!! Lets wait and see ha ha!!

Cant understand how they get away with this...

Yep my new date is 8th February, shan't bother taking the day off work like I usually do!

Best of luck with that one!!

GUESS WHAT......
    Pushed out another month exactly..... This is gas!!  No reason why, no information as to what has taken place already nothing....

Dear Micheal,
    Thank you for your reply in relation to installation.
    I understand your concern that you were not updated with the next forecast date.
    We received the response from Open eir regarding the forecast date. Your next forecast date is 13th February 2017.
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Please be informed that the date is subject to review by the Local Works team, the forecast is based on the work done to date and the required preparatory work necessary to achieve a successful install.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team on 1901[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] or chat with us on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]www.eir.ie/chatnow[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist you. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Regards, [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Angel[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Customer Care Administration Team[/font]
    [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You might find this useful OP. Unfortunately you'll see that Eir have 26 weeks in which to complete your install and that is only a recommendation. If you don't keep on at them they will cancel your order so the 26 weeks can start again. 

I was informed yesterday by eir, very matter of factly, that it could take up to a year to get connected, and I got the feeling that i should consider myself extremely lucky if it happened before then. that's was right after she accused me of lying when I said I had received no calls from eir with updates, apparently she knows the lady who had try to call and she wouldn't just make it up! Bunch of charlatans

I was informed yesterday by eir, very matter of factly, that it could take up to a year to get connected, and I got the feeling that i should consider myself extremely lucky if it happened before then. that's was right after she accused me of lying when I said I had received no calls from eir with updates, apparently she knows the lady who had try to call and she wouldn't just make it up! Bunch of charlatans
    Don't leave it at that chalk up another black mark for Eir with comreg by making a complaint and asking why Eir are exceeding comregs USO recommendations. I would also request the reason for the delay. 

I've been in touch with ComReg, in fact I'm certain that the only reason eir called me yesterday is because ComReg had been on to them. They can't tell me the full reason for the delay because the dept I spoke to doesn't get all the information from the installation dept. I don't understand how a company with such a shockingly bad reputation and terrible reviews can still have the monopoly on line installations, surely if they can't organise themselves then another company should be allowed to take over?

I've been in touch with ComReg, in fact I'm certain that the only reason eir called me yesterday is because ComReg had been on to them. They can't tell me the full reason for the delay because the dept I spoke to doesn't get all the information from the installation dept. I don't understand how a company with such a shockingly bad reputation and terrible reviews can still have the monopoly on line installations, surely if they can't organise themselves then another company should be allowed to take over?
    The only reason they are installing or fixing any lines at all is because they have to under the Universal Service Obligation. They tried to get out of it as its very expensive but because they couldn't they try and avoid doing any jobs like yours that cost them money. 

• Advertisement

Ahh that makes things a bit clearer, surely if they did a fast and reliable job and worked on their customer service (or lack of) people would be more inclined to stay with them for the long haul and spend more money.... or is that just too logical and far fetched lol.
    Anyhow, the complaint is in, my new forecast date is 12/02, which I was also informed yesterday isn't a definite date... no s*** Sherlock, It's only my 5th or 6th one!
    I would love to update next month with happy news.......

Hi Flossy15, I logged a complaint with ComReg, I have not received a reply in a few weeks, how did you make contact with them?
    Thanks...

I emailed them through the complaints form on the site and after eir had escalated my complaint I emailed them a couple more times before they finally replied yesterday. All in all I think it's taken about two months for them to contact me. Send them an email with your case ref number asking if there has been any update on your case and hopefully they will get back to you soon.

Well looks like you were right my3cents. Had another call from eir, apparently management told wholesale I asked to have my order cancelled and could I please confirm this. They really are a shady bunch

They did that to me before also. Said the site survey was incomplete and then cancelled my original account and created a new one.
    Called EIR today and spoke with someone who told me  that nothing has been done in relation to my request since July, bar an initial survey. So all the calls and queries in relation to forecast dates etc is just a smoke screen for total inactivity and incompetence.

It's like banging your head against a brick wall isn't it. I'm half tempted to grab a bit of cable and shimmy up the telephone pole myself, can't be that difficult!

At least you have a pole!!

This is true 😂 But they couldn't possibly use that one, needs to be a new one, right where my extension is being built!

Here we are again, the 13th of February, no contact from any engineer so far today. Strangely I rang a few weeks back and was speaking to a nice lady in "Open Eir" who looked at my case notes and informed me that absolutely nothing has been done with regards my request, nothing at all. And that despite what I keep getting told by "Customer Service" to contact open Eir as it is with them, they have stated that it is not with them as nothing is being done with my request.....
    I am betting that a new "Forecast Date" of March 13th will be issued?? Whats the odds!!

I would have lost that bet its April 12th now!! Waiting on a license or some such BS.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement