Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options
  • 30-09-2016 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Ticketmaster Ireland and Coldplay have just posted on their respective Facebook pages.

It's a 2017 Coldplay banner which changes colour to the national flag of various European countries and Ireland is included.

Safe to say this means a tour announcement is upon us!

Croke Park? - seems the obvious choice
    Slane?
    Aviva?
    Marlay Park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭C__MC

Brilliant news safe to say it will sell out fairly quickly! Three shows in Croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Hopefully a few nights in Croker. Seen them in Wembley over the summer, they are brilliant live and know how to put on a show!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

OMG been waiting for this. Please be Aviva or Croke Park. They've never done a proper stadium show here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

My mate works in ticketmaster and they suggest it will be in Croker in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

CPSW wrote: »
    Hopefully a few nights in Croker. Seen them in Wembley over the summer, they are brilliant live and know how to put on a show!

A few nights?!!

Beyoncé got one! Coldplay are not Beyoncé or Bruce!
    Coldplay one in Croke Park max..

Maybe 2 in the Aviva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Would like to see them live, hopefully tickets aren't stupidly priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Hope it's not Croke park, absolutely awful venue. Aviva is much better organised and better sound.

Some of the dates rumoured to go on sale next Friday, so Dublin probably will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They would be a good shout for Slane but I imagine it's will be 2 dates In Croke Park next summer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are they big enough for 2 nights in Croker? I know they havent played in 6 years but id be shocked if they do 2. Either way ill be there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The new songs are sh!t but they still put on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

I reckon we are talking Slane here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Co-headliners with Daft Punk.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Co-headliners with Daft Punk.

You heard this or is it just what you want?

8th of July Croke Park.

69.50 onsale Friday..

Or at least that's the rumour ;)

There is posters up for it so not a rumour. On sale at 9am Fri.

CtwzqfMXgAAnQfR.jpg

Like my Croke Park/big gig's and heard coldplay put on an amazing show but going to take a gamble on this

If there are no other big gig's next summer that I may be interested in and there's no hurling on that weekend I might look for a ticket the week of the show and go

Expecting a second date to be added

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Like my Croke Park/big gig's and heard coldplay put on an amazing show but going to take a gamble on this

If there are no other big gig's next summer that I may be interested in and there's no hurling on that weekend I might look for a ticket the week of the show and go

Expecting a second date to be added

Would be shocked if they get a second..

Nowhere near 1D or Bruce fan big..

Could be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is this likely to sell out Friday morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Redo91 wrote: »
    Is this likely to sell out Friday morning?
    i'd be surprised if it sells out at all.
    even at the height of their popularity they never played a gig this big I don't think?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

i'd be surprised if it sells out at all. even at the height of their popularity they never played a gig this big I don't think?

This will sell out very fast I think . Lots of people dislike coldplays music but they have a big fan Base and put on a brilliant live show. I reckon there will be a second night added too. People will travel from the UK in big numbers for it too as I don't think they are doing UK in 2017

I'm sure it will sell out. Been years since they played here and their tours have only got bigger since they were here.

I'm sure it will sell out. Been years since they played here and their tours have only got bigger since they were here.

Id recommend if you have the money id get a ticket ASAP. I still think they wouldn't be big enough to do 2 nights but i could be proven wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Hotel prices already insane for this date!

Hopefully tickets will be ok to get

Friday's sale will sell out, then later in the year/early next year production seats will go onsale and a few tickets will show up here and there in the weeks leading up to the gig

Also there will be tickets on toutless (face value) and other sites

Still if u want tickets get them as soon as u can, better to the safe than sorry

Do you think there will be a pre sale?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Is it not a bit strange there has been no announcement from the promoters or the GAA nor is it on ticket master website but the indo are advertising it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

between this and elbow, next friday is gonna hurt, really really hurt.

• Advertisement

Is it not a bit strange there has been no announcement from the promoters or the GAA nor is it on ticket master website but the indo are advertising it

When they announced their 2016 tour, fans found out through posters posted around the city they were playing then Coldplay put the full dates up on their website a few days later.

Advertisement