Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

A second date has been added in Cardiff for the 12th

Of course Ireland would be slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

pc7 wrote: »
    What is Seatwave, I'm in a queue for it now, clicked the link from Ticketmaster? Is it a tout site? I thought it was people who'd had tickets but didn't like the seat/section and released them. Am I wasting my time (not willing to pay over the odds). tia

You will pay over the odds if you buy now from Seatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

What is Seatwave, I'm in a queue for it now, clicked the link from Ticketmaster? Is it a tout site? I thought it was people who'd had tickets but didn't like the seat/section and released them. Am I wasting my time (not willing to pay over the odds). tia

From what I can gather it's a touting site run by ticketmaster..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Auschick

jobless wrote: »
    its obvious for big concerts that ticketmaster hold back loads of tickets for the seatwave site.... absolute scumbags

Yep? I got an email at 9.01 with tIckets on sale!!!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

SuperBW wrote: »
    Coldplay are sh*t and this won't sell out.

Seems like you were wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

wasting your time buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Ah lads,

There has to be a way we can make a complaint to the competition authority about Seatwave. The speed at which they were being offered for resale must mean that Ticketmaster are in collusion with buying and reselling their own tickets at exorbitant prices!

15 years ticketmaster has been fcuking me over.

Guess who owns Seatwave ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

It's a tout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

threein99 wrote: »

Bertie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Official TOUT site really, you will pay WAY over the odds but the tix are guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Ah lads,

There has to be a way we can make a complaint to the competition authority about Seatwave. The speed at which they were being offered for resale must mean that Ticketmaster are in collusion with buying and reselling their own tickets at exorbitant prices!

15 years ticketmaster has been fcuking me over.

i love to know how we go about this.... i dont even like Coldplay but was pissed off with the whole thing buying for a sibling.... everyone is out to screw you in ireland

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Cool came out of it, thought it was legitimate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Cool came out of it, thought it was legitimate

Well it is legitimate but it's a legitimate touting site owned by ticketmaster where they allow tickets to be sold with a 300% markup.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

I think phoning from landline seems to work better than internet lately. I was in internet queue from 8:56am, took something like 32 minutes and still didn't get an offer of tickets from website.
    On the other hand I was also on phone, got offered Hogan Stand 335 and then made the biggest blooper :o pressed 2 which cancelled the order instead on 1 to accept! Few minutes later I decided to phone again and still managed to get through and offered Cusack Upper 705. That was at 9:15am.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

Seatwave crap - 2 x 230 each, and then 83 booking fee on top for a Davin stand Upper tier, that's nice.

Caliden wrote: »
    Well it is legitimate but it's a legitimate touting site owned by ticketmaster where they allow tickets to be sold with a 300% markup.

And more, plus they charge the seller and the buyer massive fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

fifaking wrote: »
    Seatwave crap - 2 x 230 each, and then 83 booking fee on top for a Davin stand Upper tier, that's nice.

83 euro booking fee???:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

SteM wrote: »
    Why would ticketmaster want to do something about touting or restrist usage to the person that buys the tickets when they own Seatwave? Double dipping - they charge the TM fee and then they charge the Seatwave fee.

Triple dipping, they charge the original TM fee, then they charge both the Seller & the Buyer of the Seatwave transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

Someone already selling standing tickets on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MazzR

I got my ticket on the app and then when I went to pay it kept saying nothing in cart! I'm mad. That's ridiculous. All the details there on the screen and continue to pay and nothing in cart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

SteM wrote: »
    Why would ticketmaster want to do something about touting or restrist usage to the person that buys the tickets when they own Seatwave? Double dipping - they charge the TM fee and then they charge the Seatwave fee.

I'm not saying Ticketmaster should do something, it's a given that they make more from Seatwave and Getmein (they own both).

But something needs to be done. This happens everytime. I wasn't even looking to buy Coldplay tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

Hour gone outta my life. Tcktmstr cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

muggles wrote: »
    83 euro booking fee???:eek::eek::eek:

Yeah couldn't believe it, not that I was buying at that price in the first place! Raging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

desdman wrote: »
    Someone already selling standing tickets on ebay.

People should just bombard him with silly offers, I sent him €1 offer on the tickets. He's selling them at €250 each

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

MazzR wrote: »
    I got my ticket on the app and then when I went to pay it kept saying nothing in cart! I'm mad. That's ridiculous. All the details there on the screen and continue to pay and nothing in cart

Agreed, I'm so annoyed that I didn't get tickets due to their ****ty website. If I just had been unlucky and not gotten them - fair enough. But I had them and the payment was processing and everything and their website decides to shít itself

sun 9th has to be announced, why the delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Doubt there'll be a second date.. Croke Park is too big to sell two..

They'd arent Bruce or Brooks level!

Cardiff is nowhere full capacity for gigs afaik..

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Someone mentioned on here previously that there would definitely be just the one show.

I wonder who has the other 2 slots lined up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

threein99 wrote: »

Pat Hickey ?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

sun 9th has to be announced, why the delay?

It doesn't have to be at all..

Sell your one date, make your money..

Advertisement