Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

8 tickets per person is to much. It should be 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I honestly thought this would struggle to sell.
    Goes to show what I know!

I thought so too.

The Phoenix Park gig in 2009 barely scraped 40K tickets.
    It might even have been less.

I do wonder if folk just go to Croke Park they way they go to Slane?
    Because of the "venue", whatever that means.

Also bear in mind that the season ticket holder have option on their seats up until 10 weeks or so before the gig. More tickets will be released closer to the time of the gig.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

8 tickets per person is to much. It should be 4.

wow didn't realise it was 8 that is bonkers. Hope they release a second date and the touts get screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

They've played Glastonbury twice in recent years. I'd say the second date would sell out in no time. My husband was dubious of it being a sell out. Shows what he knows. I've seen them twice at the old Point and at Witness festival I think it was. I'm a real fan! I should have got a ticket. Going to cry in a corner now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

unichick wrote: »
    They've played Glastonbury twice in recent years. I'd say the second date would sell out in no time. My husband was dubious of it being a sell out. Shows what he knows. I've seen them twice at the old Point and at Witness festival I think it was. I'm a real fan! I should have got a ticket. Going to cry in a corner now.

Grab a couple for the second Cardiff date!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

after being to the bruce springsteen concert i'd be very cautious forking out 90 euro for certain seats in croker... sound is not great

lambayire wrote: »
    I thought so too.

Also bear in mind that the season ticket holder have option on their seats up until 10 weeks or so before the gig. More tickets will be released closer to the time of the gig.

No. They are just bigger than what they were in 2009. If you look at their tour dates, they have multiple stadium dates in most places. It wasn't like that in 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

lambayire wrote: »
    I thought so too.

Nope. Croke Park is a terrible concert venue. Believe it or not a lot of people just like Coldplay!

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    Grab a couple for the second Cardiff date!

I would but I'm off to see Bros in London the following month! No laughing please. I love Cardiff and all. Visited it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

No. They are just bigger than what they were in 2009. If you look at their tour dates, they have multiple stadium dates in most places. It wasn't like that in 2009.

its a pity a band has to become so pop to get bigger...they were much better back in 2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

unichick wrote: »
    I would but I'm off to see Bros in London the following month! No laughing please. I love Cardiff and all. Visited it once.

Why would you admit that to anyone? :confused::confused::D:D:P (bros I mean)

Why would you admit that to anyone? :confused::confused::D:D:P (bros I mean)

I have bigger skeletons in my closet! LOL! Trying to get someone to go with me could be a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »

Ticketmaster? If I were to speak honestly of them I'd be rightfully banned.

They're gangsters, it's as simple as that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Bought tickets through the app. Didn't realise I was on the hot ticket one. Clicked best seats as everyone was struggling to get tickets . Ended up with brilliant seats and lots of merchandise thrown all for the bargain price of 250 euro each !! Regretting clicking buy already !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

It's Croke Park, limited number of dates in a tear. I'd imagine if there's to be a second date then it would be the Friday given that their next concert is on the 11th but are there rules about playing concerts on consecutive nights?

I reckon that if they were considering Friday then that would be the first concert announced because they maximise the sales better that way as the fans would go either way. Ther Luke warm fans would go with Saturday or Sunday but not during the week.

It was the same with Bruce a few years ago. They announced and sold the Thursday and Friday before announcing and selling the Saturday & Sunday. Maximises their sales better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I reckon they are booked to headline TITP in Scotland either the Friday or Sunday or that weekend and that is what is causing the problem with the second date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Decided to check SeatWave for cheapest available...

398617.PNG

What a scam.
    Surely Joe will be on the case today???

Good afternoon to yououuuuuuuuu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mad how Ticketmaster can hold tickets on another site they own a charge more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Dead easy to sort this.

Standing tickets limit to 2 per application.
    If people want more go back into a new queue if there is the demand, iuf there isn't then you will get your tickets.
    Seats limit to 4 per application.
    If there's a group, let everyone going go and apply themselves.
    Also means if you buy 8 and only needed 2, you won't be putting them up on secondary sites.

Restrict reselling of tickets to a couple of weeks BEFORE the concert date.
    That way you won't have to listen to "I bought tickets and discovered I'm away that date but I'm going to charge 3 times face value anyway".
    Don't allow secondary sites to charge commission on both purchases and sales.

Ticketmaster are very good at what they do.
    They sell tickets to a concert that will sell out and charge commission.
    They then allow punters to sell those tickets on a site of their's for €x and then take (another) commission on both sides of the sale.
    They then have the use of the funds for the 9 months plus another 10 days after the gig.
    Nice model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

2nd date added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

They're gangsters, it's as simple as that.

Legalised gangsters

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

2nd date added

Dublin?

Dublin?

yes, just heard on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

on sale when?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

R.F. wrote: »
    yes, just heard on the radio

half a story

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Just wanted to see if 2nd date in Cardiff sold out and was able to get 2 standing even after I released them & tried again (just to sew if it was luck)
    I could still get standing if it wasn't for the fact that I'm bringing my younger sister I would have got them and booked flights

kopite386 wrote: »
    Just wanted to see if 2nd date in Cardiff sold out and was able to get 2 standing even after I released them & tried again (just to sew if it was luck)
    I could still get standing if it wasn't for the fact that I'm bringing my younger sister I would have got them and booked flights

I tried Paris and there is a queue.

half a story

We have spin on here in work

And they defo announced about 5 mins ago there was a 2nd date being added...but i see nothing yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

8Jusm1d.jpg

Advertisement