Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

R.F. wrote: »
    We have spin on here in work

And they defo announced about 5 mins ago there was a 2nd date being added...but i see nothing yet

Yeah I keep checking ticketmaster nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KirkC

Question- got a ticket in the cusack stand this morning but am separated from all my friends. Any way I'd be able to sit with them on the day, they're also in cusack stand but are blocks away from me, or should I just sell my ticket now? Love Coldplay but not going to sit by myself

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Laura_A

KirkC wrote: »
    Question- got a ticket in the cusack stand this morning but am separated from all my friends. Any way I'd be able to sit with them on the day, they're also in cusack stand but are blocks away from me, or should I just sell my ticket now? Love Coldplay but not going to sit by myself

No way you will get to sit with them - its sold out... Would you expect someone else to move and sit on their own so that you can sit with your friends? You can only get into the block you have a ticket for...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Was in the queue from 8:55, went for standing tickets, waited for about 25 mins in the queue. Sat in the upper tiers in London last summer, so wanted to be standing this time around. Told they were sold out but was offered Upper Hogan so took them they are down near the front.
    Hopefully they announce a second show for those who didn't get tickets.
    And ticketmaster are scumbags with their tout site!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KirkC

Laura_A wrote: »
    No way you will get to sit with them - its sold out... Would you expect someone else to move and sit on their own so that you can sit with your friends? You can only get into the block you have a ticket for...

Never been to a concert in Croke park was just a question! Thought maybe if someone else was on their own they wouldn't mind, I'll just sell it so thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Got 4 standing this morning. Pure luck.
    All my friends got nothing.
    I hate ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

CPSW wrote: »
    Was in the queue from 8:55, went for standing tickets, waited for about 25 mins in the queue. Sat in the upper tiers in London last summer, so wanted to be standing this time around. Told they were sold out but was offered Upper Hogan so took them they are down near the front.
    Hopefully they announce a second show for those who didn't get tickets.
    And ticketmaster are scumbags with their tout site!!!

Could have written the exact same post.

Just to add, cannot believe they get away with the tout site. Couldn't possibly use it, even if I'd not got the tickets from the regular site.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Laura_A

I might be worth trying a swap on the off chance someone else needs a ticket in your block.. Try toutless its the best site for ticket swaps/selling...

KirkC wrote: »
    Never been to a concert in Croke park was just a question! Thought maybe if someone else was on their own they wouldn't mind, I'll just sell it so thanks

Why don't you post it on Adverts or Toutless or something saying you want to swap for whatever block you're looking for see if any one is in similar situation

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

pc7 wrote: »

MCD ****ed up. They must not have expected the demand

Belgium
    Cardiff
    Frankfurt
    Italy
    Paris

All 2nd dates added.

Belgium
    Cardiff
    Frankfurt
    Italy
    Paris

All 2nd dates added.
    Agreed hopefully they see that the demand outweighed the supply and release a 2nd date, only reason Cardiff will seel out is because it's the only UK tour date

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Or its just the hassle of licensing with Croke Park after 'he with the silly hat who shall not be named' debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Or its just the hassle of licensing with Croke Park after 'he with the silly hat who shall not be named' debacle.

They may have the extra 2 dates reserved for another band ,perhaps U2 .
    Coldplay could play the Aviva perhaps ?

Why do people buy tickets on Seatwave this morning ,have they no patience.
    The gig is 9 months away ,plenty of time to get tickets and the price will have to come down.
    Im thinking alot of these people dont realise they are buying off a touting site as Ticketmaster redirect them automatically,I know a friend who was caught like that before.

Isn't it the first concert announced for 2017 there? I think they are allowed 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Isn't it the first concert announced for 2017 there? I think they are allowed 3.

Probably more booked.. Metallica, GnR U2 all rumoured to be touring this year..

U2 have to be Croke anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I think U2 might be set for 2018. I reckon it will be a full outdoor tour of the US and that side of the world first next Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

bennyl10 wrote: »

I hope not or we'll all be back here moaning that there's only one date and all the tickets went straight up on seatwave for multiples of the original price near instantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

bennyl10 wrote: »

Adam was quoted as saying last week the tour will remain indoors. Unless they have something unique in mind for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Sounds about right

• Advertisement

Sounds about right

I know Chris Martin and Coldplay are supposed to be anti touting and signed some petition in the UK but they were caught a few years ago by a documentary on Channel 4 called Dispatches where they were giving huge blocks of tickets direct to Viagogo for resale .

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/feb/23/dispatches-to-screen-viagogo-investigation

Zardoz wrote: »
    They may have the extra 2 dates reserved for another band ,perhaps U2 .
    Coldplay could play the Aviva perhaps ?

Why do people buy tickets on Seatwave this morning ,have they no patience.
    The gig is 9 months away ,plenty of time to get tickets and the price will have to come down.
    Im thinking alot of these people dont realise they are buying off a touting site as Ticketmaster redirect them automatically,I know a friend who was caught like that before.

I can't see them changing venue and there probably wouldn't be enough time to set up the show in less than a day.

I can't see them changing venue and there probably wouldn't be enough time to set up the show in less than a day.

Thats true but they have 4 days between the Italian gigs and Dublin ,although its a long way to get the stage and equipment and they could add another gig in Milan Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thats true but they have 4 days between the Italian gigs and Dublin ,although its a long way to get the stage and equipment and they could add another gig in Milan Id say.

there would normally be duplicate stage setups, while one is being built the band are playing on another somewhere else.

there would normally be duplicate stage setups, while one is being built the band are playing on another somewhere else.

Id say Lord Mountcharles is on the phone to MCD now !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

At least one of the news sites picked up on the swindle that is seatwave.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/coldplay-tickets-appear-on-official-ticketmaster-company-website-for-treble-original-price-35111967.html

Would like to see more sites reporting on it and something being done. It has just brought so many more armchair touts to the fore. At least with the oldschool touting they had to actually go out to the venue to sell their tickets and you could haggle if the gig was starting and they a few left.

Wheety wrote: »
    At least one of the news sites picked up on the swindle that is seatwave.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/coldplay-tickets-appear-on-official-ticketmaster-company-website-for-treble-original-price-35111967.html

Would like to see more sites reporting on it and something being done. It has just brought so many more armchair touts to the fore. At least with the oldschool touting they had to actually go out to the venue to sell their tickets and you could haggle if the gig was starting and they a few left.

I suggest anyone who wants to know about how these sites operate should watch this excellent undercover exploration of Seatwave and Viagogo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Coldplay should be ashamed of themselves

Would expect nothing less from Ticketmaster

At least a street tout is taking a gamble - demand can drop and they are left selling for less than face value

This is taking advantage of people who have just "missed out"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Coldplay should be ashamed of themselves

How is this anything to do with Coldplay?

People will be blaming the government next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

How is this anything to do with Coldplay?

People will be blaming the government next.

Bands have the ability to control touting and this sort of ****e, They can use ticketless sales or set limits on the numbers of tickets to be sold per card.

Setting it to two or even four per card would likely have helped here.
    Making it ticketless and having the card holder be there kills it stone dead

Advertisement