Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

2nd date is Cardiff isn't sold out yet, no standing or unreserved seating but you can still get seats in the South Stand if anyone wants tickets and willing to travel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

People will be blaming the government next.

Well that's just silly. Coldplay are to blame for water charges though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Bands have the ability to control touting and this sort of ****e, They can use ticketless sales or set limits on the numbers of tickets to be sold per card.

How many companies can facilitate 70,000 ticket sales? Coldplay are not in the business of managing ticket sales.

Ticket limits of less than 8 people will affect genuine groups that want to stay together.

I do think pressure should be put on ticketmaster not to facilitate touting, but it would take more than just coldplay to force this, if they even know about it.

I've only noticed it this time around, is it common?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Bands have the ability to control touting and this sort of ****e, They can use ticketless sales or set limits on the numbers of tickets to be sold per card.

Setting it to two or even four per card would likely have helped here.
    Making it ticketless and having the card holder be there kills it stone dead

Coldplay are mad for money .

I was over in the US this summer and they were playing nearby .
    I looked at the ticket prices ,they were crazy.
    200 usd plus fees for floor and lower level.
    The front 20 rows were 750 usd plus fees ,the next 10 rows were 500 usd plus fees.
    These were the face value prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

How is this anything to do with Coldplay?

People will be blaming the government next.

You don't think they get their cut?

I suggest you watch that Dispatches doc ...

"Stalling" the 2nd date announcement too ... All part of the scam
    Gotta sell out those Seatwave tix first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

this is all on Live Line now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

KirkC wrote: »
    Question- got a ticket in the cusack stand this morning but am separated from all my friends. Any way I'd be able to sit with them on the day, they're also in cusack stand but are blocks away from me, or should I just sell my ticket now? Love Coldplay but not going to sit by myself

Would you not just sit by yourself? It's not like you'd be having full blown conversations with your friends during the gig.

Ye can go for pints before the gig and meet again after. Gig will only be 90-120 minutes.

If they are in the same stand as you, ye can even have pints at the bars in the stadium up until the gig starts and then head off to the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

How many companies can facilitate 70,000 ticket sales? Coldplay are not in the business of managing ticket sales.

No they're not, but they are in the business of not royally ****ing off their fanbase which this sort of ****e does.

U2 were able to enforce it, Coldplay could quite easily do it too.
    Ticket limits of less than 8 people will affect genuine groups that want to stay together.

I'm sure the poor precious petals could survive it for an hour or two.
    I do think pressure should be put on ticketmaster not to facilitate touting, but it would take more than just coldplay to force this, if they even know about it.

I've only noticed it this time around, is it common?

Every single flucking time there's a big act, this happens.

Bands would have to be living in a very very rarefied bubble not to be aware of what happens or else they are fully aware and just don't give a ****e (i.e. got my money, **** you).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Joe is on the case folks. This woman laying into Seatwave as I type.

This is another excellent article ,written by non other than the former ceo of Ticketmaster himself
    https://theringer.com/ticket-industry-problem-solution-e4b3b71fdff6#.8gwq78l7e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Don't care about groups being able to stick together tbh. 8 per person is too much. Should be 4

I think we would've heard about a 2nd date by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Zardoz wrote: »
    I suggest anyone who wants to know about how these sites operate should watch this excellent undercover exploration of Seatwave and Viagogo

funny its cold play brought up in this doc too.... anyone that thinks they dont know whats going on is stupid... they employ the promoters

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

So why should 1 person be allowed buy 8 especially if they were standing tickets?
    If the other 7 apply and by some miracle all 8 people get 8 tickets, what do they do with the rest?
    Everybody going gets their own and if they don't get them together standing in the same zone, there are websites that allow people to swap tickets.
    How many people go in groups of 8?
    If you want to be assured of 8 tickets together, buy the expensive ones off T/M.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

This happens every gig, people go to joe and give out and blah blah blah..

The vast majority of the 80K Tickets get to fans..
    Maybe 3/4K max end up with touts/on seatewave..
    That's a tiny percentage of tickets!

The paperless thing is great in theory, but it very much limits people giving tickets as presents and if someone can't go due to whatever in the end they're screwed!

Some people won't get tickets.. some will, some people will buy them simply to make a profit..

It's supply and demand..

Blame Coldplay all you want, give out stink to ticketmaster and to joe.. but 90% of people who bought tickets are delighted and are fans and will be going!

We have such an entitled society here.. I didn't get a ticket, it's all the systems fault!!

Buying tickets is pure luck..

And yes seateave is a scummy business but it's a Minority of tickets and there's nothing illegal about it!
    People will pay it still if they really wanna go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

bennyl10 wrote: »
    This happens every gig, people go to joe and give out and blah blah blah..

The vast majority of the 80K Tickets get to fans..
    Maybe 3/4K max end up with touts/on seatewave..
    That's a tiny percentage of tickets!

The paperless thing is great in theory, but it very much limits people giving tickets as presents and if someone can't go due to whatever in the end they're screwed!

Some people won't get tickets.. some will, some people will buy them simply to make a profit..

It's supply and demand..

Blame Coldplay all you want, give out stink to ticketmaster and to joe.. but 90% of people who bought tickets are delighted and are fans and will be going!

We have such an entitled society here.. I didn't get a ticket, it's all the systems fault!!

Buying tickets is pure luck..

And yes seateave is a scummy business but it's a Minority of tickets and there's nothing illegal about it!
    People will pay it still if they really wanna go!

It's still greed Benny .. from all sides (including Coldplay)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

So no second date?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

if its THAT important to see coldplay, then theres plenty of tickets at cost price for their gig in Cardiff. Its actually an early concert at 5pm so making the ferry that night from Fishguard or Pembroke would even be possible.

If a person just wants to go to an event, have the craic, drink drinks with buddies in a jovial manner, then the galway races are a few weeks later.

I actually would doubt that theres 80000 fans, more like a few thousand fans joined by 10s of thousands of event junkies who know that this is the big gig of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

if its THAT important to see coldplay, then theres plenty of tickets at cost price for their gig in Cardiff. Its actually an early concert at 5pm so making the ferry that night from Fishguard or Pembroke would even be possible.

If a person just wants to go to an event, have the craic, drink drinks with buddies in a jovial manner, then the galway races are a few weeks later.
    I actually would doubt that theres 80000 fans, more like a few thousand fans joined by 10s of thousands of event junkies who know that this is the big gig of the summer.

Going to a gig in Cardiff involves me taking two days off work which I can't next year and I'm sure others are in similar situation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

**** it, if theres' no second date, i'll wait a few years until they drop far enough to appear at EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's be hundreds of tickets for sale coming up to the day.

Toutless is full of people selling tickets for cost price (or less) in the fortnight before any large outdoor gig like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Pain in the hoop. I think the fact they haven't played here in 5 odd years had a lot to do with the quick sell out. There was massive hype around it.

To be honest as much as I'd love to see coldplay, croke park is a shocking venue for a gig. The sound is terrible and with hill 16 being so exposed it loses a lot of the atmosphere. I feel sorry for the people who paid money for seats. I had one experience of it and swore I'd only ever pay for a standing ticket at croke park.

The aviva would have been a far better option as the sound is better plus i presume it wouldnt be as strict re: licensing for a 2nd night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

The aviva would have been a far better option as the sound is better plus i presume it wouldnt be as strict re: licensing for a 2nd night.

I think it would be as strict given its in D4, plenty of influential locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

What are the Chances of a second gig being announced?!

unichick wrote: »
    I would but I'm off to see Bros in London the following month! No laughing please. I love Cardiff and all. Visited it once.

A bit off topic but did you see the price of the top tickets for Bros, £150 plus fees .
    £150 !!!

Id say the last time they played the tickets were £5,some inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Id imagine it would have been announced by now considering other extra European dates were announced this morning

MCD have said there is no current plans. :mad: Useless

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Zardoz wrote: »
    A bit off topic but did you see the price of the top tickets for Bros, £150 plus fees .
    £150 !!!

Id say the last time they played the tickets were £5,some inflation.

Hey I won't hear a word against Bros! LOL! I bought a couple for £100. Just need to find someone else to go with me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

MCD have said there is no current plans. :mad: Useless

Perhaps that's why tickets were 50% dearer than on the continent, no second show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

We're they really 50% dearer? I checked a few of the gigs across Europe (germany, France, austria) and the standing prices were 100 plus.

Advertisement