Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

He really does put on an amazing live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

desdman wrote: »
    After watching a bit of this video, I'm not surprised that the Coldplay tickets allocation ended in controversy :rolleyes: .Especially the sentence @ 20.15
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlnL8drSdw

That's from 2012, is it still the same in terms of the promoters actually provided allocations of seats to these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭secman

What are the Chances of a second gig being announced?!

None

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

MCD chief Denis Desmond has dashed the hopes of Coldplay playing a second Croke Park gig next Summer.

In less than one hour last Thursday morning, around 80,000 tickets were sold out for the concert of the summer at GAA HQ, leaving thousands of fans disappointed and anxious for news of a second concert.

However, despite the Brit band adding second concerts in Brussels, Gothenburg, Cardiff and Paris, MCD manager Desmond said:
    “There won’t be a second Coldplay gig in Dublin. They don’t have the time.

“The band is playing only 15 gigs in Europe next Summer and only two in the UK.”

They dont have the time ,pure nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »
    In less than one hour last Thursday morning, around 80,000 tickets were sold out for the concert of the summer at GAA HQ,
    I wonder how many were actually sold. I doubt this was MCD saying this, or if they did I would guess its lies. I really doubt 80,000 were sold in 1 hour. I certainly think they could have done it, but presume many are held back, many were allocated beforehand, complimentaries etc. I would like to know how many were actually available for sale to the public in that hour.

the highest figure I see is 86500 for westlife. U2s appear to be 81-82k, presumably the staging took up space and coldplay have some staging.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croke_Park#Concerts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

rubadub wrote: »
    I wonder how many were actually sold. I doubt this was MCD saying this, or if they did I would guess its lies. I really doubt 80,000 were sold in 1 hour. I certainly think they could have done it, but presume many are held back, many were allocated beforehand, complimentaries etc. I would like to know how many were actually available for sale to the public in that hour.

the highest figure I see is 86500 for westlife. U2s appear to be 81-82k, presumably the staging took up space and coldplay have some staging.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croke_Park#Concerts
    I'd say they keep a lot aside all right, but the 8 ticket limit would have meant the rest sold out fairly quick.

I would guess-timate that 65K tickets were sold last week.

All Croke Park season tickets holders have options on their tickets until close to the event.
    The corporate boxes must take up a chunk of tickets too.

Then there are all the hangers on from the radio and TV.

Were there tickets available on Premium Level?
    Ticketmaster is only displaying upper and lower levels in the price options.

And MCD saying that Coldplay do not have time for the second show in pure BS.
    They play Milan the previous Tuesday. And I don't think that would be using the same stage set-up.

I reckon that someone else has options on the other 2 Corker nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheOnlyTwo

Had two tickets for the very back when they first went onsale - let them go as I had gotten in really easily so thought I would chance it and try for better seats... Wow was I wrong!!! Hoping there will be a good few in the release closer too - managed to get great seats for Ed Sheeran in croker last time 2 days before the gig..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

lambayire wrote: »
    I would guess-timate that 65K tickets were sold last week.

All Croke Park season tickets holders have options on their tickets until close to the event.
    The corporate boxes must take up a chunk of tickets too.

Then there are all the hangers on from the radio and TV.

Were there tickets available on Premium Level?
    Ticketmaster is only displaying upper and lower levels in the price options.

And MCD saying that Coldplay do not have time for the second show in pure BS.
    They play Milan the previous Tuesday. And I don't think that would be using the same stage set-up.

I reckon that someone else has options on the other 2 Corker nights.

There's a very strong chance that Coldplay have already signed contracts to headline TITP in Scotland either the Friday or Sunday night of that weekend. That lineup doesn't get released until later next year and would be kept under wraps until then and wouldn't appear on the Coldplay tour schedule yet.

Also, NOS Alive in Portugal and Bilbao BBK Live in Spain are both on that weekend. These would be festival appearances and therefore would not require the Head Full of Dreams Stage Set-Up so it's possible that the band could fly down and play one of those festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Coldplay are gone U2 levels of massive at this satge. They are too big to headline most festivals, especially in the UK or Ireland and they've done the festival circuit to death over the last 15 years. I know they headlined Glastonbury this year but that's different, they have a special history and relationship with Glastonbury. Id be amazed of they headline any festivals next year, apart from maybe Coachella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

MadYaker wrote: »
    Coldplay are gone U2 levels of massive at this satge. They are too big to headline most festivals, especially in the UK or Ireland and they've done the festival circuit to death over the last 15 years. I know they headlined Glastonbury this year but that's different, they have a special history and relationship with Glastonbury. Id be amazed of they headline any festivals next year, apart from maybe Coachella.

They headlined BBC Radio 1 Weekend in May this year in Exeter! Hardly a world recognised festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

That's from 2012, is it still the same in terms of the promoters actually provided allocations of seats to these guys?

Well,I presume it's mainly Ticketmaster that are mainly providing the allocations of seats because it's not the same promotors as 2012, as MCD are the main promoters in Ireland, but the promotors and Ticketmaster's aim is to take in as much as they can by any means possible.They can do this more so when a singer or band just has the one concert.But the video says it all really.Without even looking at the touts,I say the prices have gone up since the announcement of having the one show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I hope they give ye the wristbands, I assume they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

they are playing all over europe loads of cheap flights if people really want to see them

this is just next summers event !!!! Garth2k17

do feel sorry for the genuine fans though

A week later and more messing by MCD and Ticketmaster

Drake tickets were supposed to go on sale at 9am this morning but some time last night some ape had the bright idea to bring the onsale forward to 8am.
    Seriously ,the way these guys do business is so wrong.

They announce tours at the last minute ,don't have detailed seating charts or prices up until minutes before the onsale in some cases and siphon off loads of tickets to their touting subsidiaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

was announced the day before the change of time

Larsso30 wrote: »
    was announced the day before the change of time

Bit late to be announcing the change less than 24 hours beforehand ,its shambolic business.

Btw Ticketmaster Uk announced that they released extra standing tickets for the Cardiff gigs today.
    Thats how things should be done ,release in batches ,not like the nonsense in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Got early entry tickets on ticketmaster. They were all gone on the day they went on sale. I was surprised when they came back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Bit late to be announcing the change less than 24 hours beforehand ,its shambolic business.

Btw Ticketmaster Uk announced that they released extra standing tickets for the Cardiff gigs today.
    Thats how things should be done ,release in batches ,not like the nonsense in Dublin.

You seem to have such a grasp of the business

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ticketmaster Uk announced that they released extra standing tickets for the Cardiff gigs today.
    God no! One big bang is enough. Imagine being in that queue every Friday morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Devastated i couldn't get my hands on any drake standing tickets, will there be anymore before the gig or is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Devastated i couldn't get my hands on any drake standing tickets, will there be anymore before the gig or is that it?

Keep checking Ticketmaster, I've been lucky and got tickets before doing this.

Regarding the Drake tickets I thought MCD were a little sly with this in fairness, I remember seeing the time change tweet at about 6PM the day before and thinking how many people were gonna be screwed over by this. Logically it would have made more sense to defer the ticket sales to another day giving people time to acknowledge the change, not everyone is stuck to their social medias 24/7.

As for Coldplay tickets, I was there bang on 9 and my page refreshed at 8:59 before they should have gone on sale, I waited through the virtual queue but it was useless. Thankfully someone at a TM outlet picked up an extra one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Thought that tour was cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

One ticket available on ticketmaster NOW

UPP 733
    Row: I
    €109.50

Go go go go go.

You're Welcome :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

shocksy wrote: »
    One ticket available on ticketmaster NOW

UPP 733
    Row: I
    €109.50

Go go go go go.

You're Welcome :p

Gone now so someone got in there quick,was only browsing to see if someone got in there and got it

Does anyone know of any folk who got premium level seats on the original day of the sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

lambayire wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any folk who got premium level seats on the original day of the sale?
    AFAIK people who hold Premium Level seats for GAA get a month or so to decide whether they want to use them for Coldplay, so their window is still open. Any that are given back will then be offered later in the "Production Release" sales.

That said, I can't imagine there's many PL ticketholders who won't find some family member or neighbor who'll take them off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Shedite27 wrote: »
    AFAIK people who hold Premium Level seats for GAA get a month or so to decide whether they want to use them for Coldplay, so their window is still open. Any that are given back will then be offered later in the "Production Release" sales.

Yeah, they get first refusal on them but still have to purchase at full price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got my tickets in the post today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Utah wrote: »
    Yeah, they get first refusal on them but still have to purchase at full price

yea, quite expensive - €155 each.

Advertisement