Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Is it not a bit strange there has been no announcement from the promoters or the GAA nor is it on ticket master website but the indo are advertising it

Noel McHale (promoter with MCD) confirmed it on his twitter account in the past hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The new music is sh!t but they still put on a good show. I've seen them a bunch of times and the setlists they play these days don't interest me but id say it'll be a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Saw them at Oxegen in 2011 and they were incredible. Promised myself I would buy a ticket the next time they come back to Ireland, although my interest has dropped a little bit since then. €70 isn't too bad. Can anyone who is familiar with Croke Park gigs shed any light on whether the standing tickets will be the ones for €69.50 or is it usually the seated tickets that are cheaper and the standing more expensive? Probably one of few acts who are big enough to play in Croker that I would have an interest in seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,580 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

i'd be surprised if it sells out at all.
    even at the height of their popularity they never played a gig this big I don't think?

Did they sell out shows before in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Richie kavanagh could sell out Croke Park lol

People will to be Croke Park regardless of who's playing there tbh. It's a good night out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did they sell out shows before in Ireland?

Wasn't there last headline show Phoenix Park in 09/10 ? Not sure if it sold out but suppose they have gotten even bigger since then especially with the last 2 or 3 albums

Could one of the Mod's now change the Thread Title seeing as this is confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It really annoys me that this is going on sale 9 months before the gig. IMO there should be a 6 month max between the sale date and the gig. Even less! Festivals fair enough, but this....I dunno.

It really annoys me that this is going on sale 9 months before the gig. IMO there should be a 6 month max between the sale date and the gig. Even less! Festivals fair enough, but this....I dunno.

What difference does it make?

If anything, it's helpful for people. They get the opportunity to plan ahead. Get hotels sorted, book time off work while allowing people but a few quid aside over the coming months to cover costs (especially for those who need to travel and stay in Dublin because it's a bloody expensive weekend all things considered).

Personally, I like knowing well in advance. At least if family or friends give me a call over the coming months trying to plan something for that weekend, I can stop myself for being "double booked" so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Sound they try and get the licence now..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

What difference does it make?

If anything, it's helpful for people. They get the opportunity to plan ahead. Get hotels sorted, book time off work while allowing people but a few quid aside over the coming months to cover costs (especially for those who need to travel and stay in Dublin because it's a bloody expensive weekend all things considered).

Personally, I like knowing well in advance. At least if family or friends give me a call over the coming months trying to plan something for that weekend, I can stop myself for being "double booked" so to speak.

Lets just say I don't have a lot of disposable income right now :D

It would be ideal if they announced the gig, so we can do the planning bit, and then put the tickets on sale at a later time, closer to the date. I'd rather the money was in my pocket rather than sitting in MCD or whoever's bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

There doesn't seem to be a pre sale. There is a lot of buzz for this, can see it selling fast and probably crashing ticketmaster on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

There doesn't seem to be a pre sale. There is a lot of buzz for this, can see it selling fast and probably crashing ticketmaster on Friday.

everything crashes ticketmaster :L

the immediate demand will crash ti at 9 anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

ticketbastard can **** right off with crashing, i want to get tickets for this and Elbow at the same time.

think it's gonna be a 3 screen jobbie come friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Saw them at Oxegen in 2011 and they were incredible. Promised myself I would buy a ticket the next time they come back to Ireland, although my interest has dropped a little bit since then. €70 isn't too bad.

Tickets are from €59.50 - €144.00 plus fees according to Ticketmaster .
    €70 euro will be the crap seats ,standing will be ~100 I'd guess.

144 euro plus fees for an outdoor gig ,that must be a record high.
    Its outrageous to be honest ,Coldplay are well past their best but it doesnt surprise me as the ticket prices on the US leg were outrageous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

Zardoz wrote: »

Its outrageous to be honest ,Coldplay are well past their best but it doesnt surprise me as the ticket prices on the US leg were outrageous too.

They do have all those lightbands to pay for!

It is a great show though - saw it in Manchester in June. Not sure I'll be forking out another €100 for this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They may be well past it in terms of the quality of their recent albums but their live show is one of the best going at the moment. They are one of the biggest bands in the world hence the price.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MadYaker wrote: »
    They may be well past it in terms of the quality of their recent albums but their live show is one of the best going at the moment. They are one of the biggest bands in the world hence the price.

Yea i watched their Glastonbury their set and was really impressed and that was without the whole production.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Videos I saw of the gigs look amazing tbh but other things have to take prefrence both time and moneywise next July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

What is everyone on about? Their latest album is brilliant!

Coldplay will sell out easily.

As for the 1d being bigger than them......... just wow

Which would be a bigger headline for Glastonbury? Easily coldplay

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    What is everyone on about? Their latest album is brilliant!

Coldplay will sell out easily.

Agreed. This will sell out easily.

From what I'm seeing on my social media feeds, there is alot of hype about this and people already planning on ticket strategy for Friday.

Personally, I prefer the older stuff but enjoy the new stuff. Always put on an amazing live show. I haven't seen them since 2011 so looking forward to this gig.

A summer Saturday night at Croker with these boys as the entertainment has all the makings of a very memorable night.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

that is 69.50, and will have 6.10 fees on top if ordering online.
    Mr.H wrote: »

Of course coldplay would be more likely to headline glastonbury, for obvious reasons, pointless comment, disney on ice and pantomimes are also unlikely to headline glastonbury!

It doesn't mean would sell out more nights in croke park, I am not sure who would, but think it would be close enough and imagine the difference would certainly not warrany a "wow"

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

Does anyone know if standing be more expensive usually or seated? Also is there a presale for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

Does anyone know if standing be more expensive usually or seated? Also is there a presale for this?

Top deck of stands up in the gods will be cheapest.
    Standing will be about €90/€100 I'd say.

There are pre-sale links on the Coldplay website to some of the gigs, but none for Dublin. All on general sale Friday morning by the looks of things.

kwat wrote: »
    Top deck of stands up in the gods will be cheapest.
    Standing will be about €90/€100 I'd say.

There are pre-sale links on the Coldplay website to some of the gigs, but none for Dublin. All on general sale Friday morning by the looks of things.

And looking at the prices across Europe ,Dublin has by far the highest ticket prices at 144.50.:mad:
    Typical rip off the Paddies nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

And looking at the prices across Europe ,Dublin has by far the highest ticket prices at 144.50.:mad:

Well there's a ****ing shock and a half.

Well there's a ****ing shock and a half.

You wouldnt even mind but Croker is the biggest venue they will play on the tour yet the ticket prices are the highest so not only will they have the highest ticket prices but also the highest gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

found beyonce prices, similar enough range.

A: Standing tickets (Sold Out) cost €104.00,
    Gold Circle (Sold Out) cost €114.00 and
    seats prices range from €49.50 to €144

and slap 6.10 on those if buying online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Typical rip off the Paddies nonsense but the stupid Paddies will still buy them and the gig will sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Like a few songs but would habe no interest myself.Was asked by friends would i go
    Going by sociak media everyone is mega fan now so event junkies really lol

Advertisement