Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Where are there face value tickets for sale does anyone know? Tried donedeal and adverts and seatwave without success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

sparksfly wrote: »
    Where are there face value tickets for sale does anyone know? Tried donedeal and adverts and seatwave without success.

Yea, good one. Even the usual 'can't go' punter is seeing the €€€€'s when they put them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Toutless.com is the only site where you might find a face value ticket at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TheIrishPC

Just got a standing pitch 1 ticket at face value on adverts.ie. Absolutely ecstatic! Trying to figure out where is the best place to stand, as I prefer being close to the stage. When I was at U2 I went to the center of their long stage and had a fantastic view, so wondering if I should do similar for Coldplay?
    Also trying to get a ticket in the same area for my girlfriend, because she won't go on her own, but chances are unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TheIrishPC

Just have to be on the ball and hope for a genuine seller. I have email alerts on for adverts, and someone was selling a standing ticket for €90, so I instantly offered it. Like 20 other people did the same, even offering more money, but he went with me as I was first. Was chatting with him for 40 minutes and he just wanted to sell it at face value because he had work. Lovely guy. If you find someone like that you're doing well.

(also keep checking ticketmaster, I sporadically find random single seats on sale when I go to check)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 coldplayer90

TheIrishPC wrote: »
    Just got a standing pitch 1 ticket at face value on adverts.ie. Absolutely ecstatic! Trying to figure out where is the best place to stand, as I prefer being close to the stage. When I was at U2 I went to the center of their long stage and had a fantastic view, so wondering if I should do similar for Coldplay?
    Also trying to get a ticket in the same area for my girlfriend, because she won't go on her own, but chances are unlikely.

Lucky duck you are :) I paid for my standing pitch 3 200e, no regrets though, it will be a fab gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

As always, be very aware of buying from Adverts/Donedeal/Toutless etc and check the users history on the website where possible.

E.G - have they sold before / when was the account opened etc

If heard too many stories over the years of people buying tickets off secondary sites only to get to the gate and finding out the ticket had been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

As always, be very aware of buying from Adverts/Donedeal/Toutless etc and check the users history on the website where possible.

E.G - have they sold before / when was the account opened etc

If heard too many stories over the years of people buying tickets off secondary sites only to get to the gate and finding out the ticket had been cancelled.

If i cant call to someones house and collect the ticket, then i wont bother. Generally, a genuine ticket sale wont mind you calling to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Over 100 tickets on seatwave and nearly 200 on viagogo. I reckon prices will start dropping like stones now. the gig is Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

I need to make a sharpish exit after the gig, may even need to leave with a couple of songs to go to beat the crowd.

With this in mind - where's the best place to park on the north side before? Happy to get there early and walk a bit if needed...

• Advertisement

I need to make a sharpish exit after the gig, may even need to leave with a couple of songs to go to beat the crowd.

With this in mind - where's the best place to park on the north side before? Happy to get there early and walk a bit if needed...

Id park away from the venue, a couple of bus stops away. The closer you are the more traffic your going to get stuck in once everyone comes out. If it were me, id stay till the end, catch a bus up to where to you parked, and off you go. The buses will be ready and waiting once the gig is over.

Depends on what direction you are heading home in for actual parking suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

My train gets into Drumcondra at 8.14pm-am I cutting it fine to see the start of Coldplay??

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Big time. Don't forget that the train will probably be late and you will then have at least a 5 minute walk to your entrance.
    Maybe longer.

You'll then have the security checks and the walk to your seat/pitch area.

I'd be getting an earlier train.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

ah ok there's one an hour earlier, I'll get that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Looking to swap Pitch Standing 2 with Pitch Standing 1 if anybody is looking for same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

chases0102 wrote: »
    Looking to swap Pitch Standing 2 with Pitch Standing 1 if anybody is looking for same.

Surely you mean "the opposite"? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭evais

Where would be the best place to park all day tomorrow? We'll be coming in via m7 and plan on spending the day shopping before heading to croke park so we'll need to be able to leave any bags back to the car first.

evais wrote: »
    Where would be the best place to park all day tomorrow? We'll be coming in via m7 and plan on spending the day shopping before heading to croke park so we'll need to be able to leave any bags back to the car first.

If your going to be parking up early, you could just park around Drumcondra.
    Id park on one of the roads just up from croker thats free on a Saturday. Do you know the red parrot pub on Dorset Street? Say park across from that, St Ignatius Road. Its free parking on a Saturday, its a ten minute walk to henry street area if thats where your shopping, or a quick bus ride if you have too many bags :D Back to the car and then walk over to croke park, gig over, short walk back to car.

St . Ignatius Road would be the perfect spot. Just don't block my work entrance!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

you could just park around Drumcondra.

Make sure you put the bags in the boot BEFORE you park the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭evais

Thanks for those suggestions! I will definitely try Ignatius road. We plan on getting to dublin before 11 so hopefully I'll get a parking spot there and being free is an added bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You could also park on the Luas line (red line) and get the Luas to Connolly Station, short walk to Croker after that and then straight back out after.
    Saves hassle of looking for parking spot and also worrying about the car still in the same condition as when you parked it!

evais wrote: »
    Thanks for those suggestions! I will definitely try Ignatius road. We plan on getting to dublin before 11 so hopefully I'll get a parking spot there and being free is an added bonus!

You will have no issues with park on St. Ignatius Road at that hour.

Depending on where you are going, I'd suggest going in the direction of Phibsboro when leaving. Traffic is always held for a while around Dorset Street after the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Staying in the Charles Stewart for the concert tomorrow night. Any ideas of where to park? Will be arriving at around 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Anonamoose

Anybody know what time Cooke Park opens for the early entry tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Anyone looking dont give up..must have tried on the ticketmaster app about 150 times in the last 2 days and finally at 2.30 this afternoon got offered 2 pitch3 tickets..got ACDC Aviva tickets on the day of the gig at 2.30 in the afternoon and U2 saturday night in the point on the previous thursday night at 7.30 so i know its a pain in the ass but keep trying and it might well happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Todays the day, looks like we have the sun or at least decent weather.

Enjoy the gig everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Just wondering if anyone knows what the story will be with taxis tonight. Do you reckon it'll be easy to get a taxi after the gig? Will there be some outside waiting or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

laneykin wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows what the story will be with taxis tonight. Do you reckon it'll be easy to get a taxi after the gig? Will there be some outside waiting or anything?

It won't be easy. Plan to walk about 15-20 minutes to find one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Anyone know where the pitch toilets are situated?

Advertisement