Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

What kind of bag are people bringing? I've a smallish cross shoulder bag-I need to bring snacks as pregnant and nauseas but worried it'll be classified as too big (I don't think it is though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

saggycaggy wrote: »
    What kind of bag are people bringing? I've a smallish cross shoulder bag-I need to bring snacks as pregnant and nauseas but worried it'll be classified as too big (I don't think it is though!)

Maximum size is 16 inches by 14 inches apparently. I'm bringing a bum bag, nice and small and enough to carry tickets and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Will you be allowed in like just before Coldplay start. You don't necessarily have to be there at 6 do you? Would 7pm be grand or are you just better off going at 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Will you be allowed in like just before Coldplay start. You don't necessarily have to be there at 6 do you? Would 7pm be grand or are you just better off going at 6?

You can go in when ever you like.
    No point in going in too early if seated, the support acts are dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Zardoz wrote: »
    You can go in when ever you like.
    No point in going in too early if seated, the support acts are dreadful.

AlunaGeorge are pretty good if I say so myself.

• Advertisement

Hardly anyone in the pit at this stage, bizarre, probably a few hundred people. Plenty of space along the front rail and runway rail.

Only one ATM for the whole stadium at the bottom floor. None of the food and drink vendors accept card. Line for the ATM going out the door. Really poor for such a large stadium. At the very least have one on each floor...

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Was a great gig. Had so much fun.

Only one ATM for the whole stadium at the bottom floor. None of the food and drink vendors accept card. Line for the ATM going out the door. Really poor for such a large stadium. At the very least have one on each floor...

Shocking allright, I asked a steward where the nearest atm was and he said that there was only one in the whole stadium on the other side.

The new 3 pitch standing areas seemed to work very poorly. The front two areas only started to get busy about ten minutes before Coldplay came on. They were almost empty for the support acts. The back section was alot busier.

Gig itself was very enjoyable. Visually it looked superb, and the sound where I was in the Hogan stand was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Great gig! Brilliant entertainers! A class act.

Coldplay just posted this on Twitter:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

The so-called security checks were pathetic. Not even a pat down. Anyone who didn't have a bag just walked in without a glance.

They weren't exactly thorough in the Aviva for Phil Collins but here today they were just taking the you-know-what.

Is something going to have to happen before we decide to take terrorism seriously in this country??

Great gig by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

jsms88 wrote: »
    The so-called security checks were pathetic. Not even a pat down. Anyone who didn't have a bag just walked in without a glance.

They're weren't exactly thorough in the Aviva for Phil Collins but here today they were just taking the you-know-what.

Is something going to have to happen before we decide to take terrorism seriously in this country??

Great gig by the way!

A few in front of me were getting pat downs. It didn't seem to be everyone though.

jsms88 wrote: »
    The so-called security checks were pathetic. Not even a pat down. Anyone who didn't have a bag just walked in

One imbecile of a security guard was trying to confiscate my camera going in, he was adamant no cameras of any form were allowed.
    I had to call over his supervisor before he would relent.

I got a pat down alright, and didn't even have a bag. Just my coat. It did seem very poor from a security point of view however. Also, on the way out of the gig, similar to Manchester, no security stopping.people re-entering through the gates. Definitely room for improvement.

Shockingly poor facilities though. Sponsored by AIB and only one (BoI) ATM in the whole place. A joke really.

But absolutely, very enjoyable gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Falthyron wrote: »
    Great gig! Brilliant entertainers! A class act.

Coldplay just posted this on Twitter:

Here's a few more clips for anyone interested - hope you might enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Hi bonoman
    Great quality on your videos, can I ask if they were recorded on a phone or on a camera..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

A spectacle of a gig, no doubt about it. Chris Martin's fitness is on another level altogether!

Disappointed with the idiot who threw a drink off the back of the guitarist. Who does that?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

chases0102 wrote: »
    A spectacle of a gig, no doubt about it. Chris Martin's fitness is on another level altogether!

Disappointed with the idiot who threw a drink off the back of the guitarist. Who does that?!?!

Oh was that what happened... idiot

Best gig I was ever at. It was just incredible.just some show. Was at pitch 3 which was brilliant. Chris is an amazing showman. Lovely crowd where we were, everyone just having a great time. Don't think il ever be at a gig to match that again if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

It was a really great gig. The sound was pretty good. Weather was perfect.

Chris Martin puts serious effort into his performances. I loved the way he asked everyone to put their phones away for Charlie Brown so people would actually just enjoy themselves, it was brilliant.

I was so annoyed when that @$$ho!e threw the bottle at JB.

Alunageorge was horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭davedub2015

anyone know where coldplay stay when they come to Dub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Now thats what you call a stadium gig, the sights from the stand of the colour & the crowd enjoying every moment were spectacular. It will live long in the memories of all there. & what a great moment to see a fan crowdsurf in his wheelchair up to the stage & then get to perform with chris martin!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Can't believe how bad the support acts were to be honest.How a band/ promoter gets away with supports that wouldn't make it on The X Factor after selling out the gig that quick is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

chases0102 wrote: »

People from the midlands.

argentum wrote: »
    Can't believe how bad the support acts were to be honest.How a band/ promoter gets away with supports that wouldn't make it on The X Factor after selling out the gig that quick is beyond me.

Its MCD ,it's to be expected.
    Once it sold out on the first day of general sale ,there is no reason to spend money on decent support in their eyes.

Pitch Standing 1 was basically empty for the support acts ,I have never seen a pit area so empty for a support act at a major gig.
    It was embarrassing to be honest .
    It only started to fill up around 8.30 and even when Coldplays intro music was playing hundreds of people were running in to it,I've never seen the like of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I can't believe someone lobbed a drink at the band, I wouldn't be a Coldplay fan now, but why pay money for a ticket and then go and do that, I hope the guy got thrown out or got a few dunts from some of his neighbours. I remember seeing footage of Morrisey's gig at Liverpool a while back and some eejit lobbed a drink at him and he walked off stage and refused to come back, I bet you that eejit was popular.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I can't believe someone lobbed a drink at the band, I wouldn't be a Coldplay fan now, but why pay money for a ticket and then go and do that, I hope the guy got thrown out or got a few dunts from some of his neighbours. I remember seeing footage of Morrisey's gig at Liverpool a while back and some eejit lobbed a drink at him and he walked off stage and refused to come back, I bet you that eejit was popular.

Toots Hibbert from Toots & The Maytals got hit in the head with a glass bottle at a gig and didn't tour for 3 years. Theres always an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Absolutely incredible night. Possibly the best stadium gig I've been to in terms of atmosphere and music. Chris Martin can really work a stadium.

Was standing in pitch 1 and everyone near me was great and got really into it. I'd go again tonight if there was another show.

Simply fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Got tickets through ticketmaster at 4pm yesterday and rocked up to gig. Seen u2 six times in Croker and that gig last night bettered them all. Phenomenal gig, even if you weren't a fan you couldn't help but get caught up in the atmosphere. The sound was incredible. Music was incredible. Hopefully they don't leave it as long coming back to Ireland again

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coldplayer90

No words to describe how amazing it was! <3
    I was in pitch 3 and people had GoPros, I was afraid that they won't allow it so didn't bring mine, pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Sensational!

Advertisement