Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Phenomenal gig, even if you weren't a fan you couldn't help but get caught up in the atmosphere. The sound was incredible. Music was incredible. Hopefully they don't leave it as long coming back to Ireland again

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

First time seeing Coldplay live and wow, best gig of my life. It was a spectacle!! So glad i didnt give up on trying to get a ticket!! Memories made!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Looks like it was a superb show. For those who were in the Upper Davin stand, how was the sound and your overall enjoyment? I ask as I'm seeing U2 from that spot in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Kalimah

We were in the lower Davin Stand and the sound was perfect. It was an amazing gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Saw this posted on FB gig of the year apparently "Put yer phones away for this song"...whole thing recorded on phone :D

Atmosphere seems great taking away from the distinctly average music :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

The most amazing concert I've been too-I've never had so much fun at a concert, the atmosphere was brilliant. I was in Pitch 3 which felt like the tall peoples section :P I'm 5ft7 but I've never felt so small in my life surrounded by tall men everywhere! Next up U2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

What an amazing concert, I was in pitch 3 just before Aluna George and the atmosphere was amazing. I noticed the sound alittle bad at the start of aluna with alot of echo bounching of the back of the stadium but perhaps they increased the sound on the back speakers to fix it. What ever they done 5 mins in to aluna,it fixed it.

I remember reading a review about Beyonce in croker last year, They said in the croke park overview "Fantastic stadium for GAA games, But terrible for concerts, When 'Queen b' can't blow the roof of the place no one can"...Well This concert will have her looking to delete that...Great spot for the concert,Sound was perfect everyone had nothing but positive energy and things to say about it.(We won't mention the bottle throwing idiot).

Hopefully the lads don't leave it as long next time to come back and might even try the 5 nights in a row :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    What an amazing concert, I was in pitch 3 just before Aluna George and the atmosphere was amazing. I noticed the sound alittle bad at the start of aluna with alot of echo bounching of the back of the stadium but perhaps they increased the sound on the back speakers to fix it. What ever they done 5 mins in to aluna,it fixed it.

I remember reading a review about Beyonce in croker last year, They said in the croke park overview "Fantastic stadium for GAA games, But terrible for concerts, When 'Queen b' can't blow the roof of the place no one can"...Well This concert will have her looking to delete that...Great spot for the concert,Sound was perfect everyone had nothing but positive energy and things to say about it.(We won't mention the bottle throwing idiot).

Hopefully the lads don't leave it as long next time to come back and might even try the 5 nights in a row :p

Was in pitch 3 too, perfect spot. Crowd were lovely! Everyone just in great spirits and up for it.
    Still on high here this morning. Would love to relive it.
    Il also say il never moan about people using their cameras recording at gigs anymore. Spent about 2 hours looking at everyone's recordings on twitter etc. Just incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coldplayer90

Rfrip wrote: »
    Was in pitch 3 too, perfect spot. Crowd were lovely! Everyone just in great spirits and up for it.
    Il also say il never moan about people using their cameras recording at gigs anymore. Spent about 2 hours looking at everyone's recordings on twitter etc. Just incredible

I am thrilled and can't get over it and depressed at the same time because it finished, I want to see it again and again!
    My phone broke in the middle of the gig and I only have a few videos, but I watch them over and over, especially that Chris was so close as I was in the first row <3
    Hopefully they will be back very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I will always moan about it. There nearly nothing worse at a gig than some numpty standing in front of you with a screen blocking your view of the stage (that you paid and came for) so that they have a video that might (but generally doesn't) looks good on twitter or a ten second Snapchat video that will disappear later. It's an absolute blight on concerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its MCD ,it's to be expected.
    Once it sold out on the first day of general sale ,there is no reason to spend money on decent support in their eyes.
    No fan of MCD but the support acts were coordinated across the European tour (and AlunaGeorge on US tour too) so probably no chance for MCD to do anything bespoke for Dublin.
    I noticed that echo too but I thought it faded gradually rather than suddenly. I put it down to the stands filling up with people having the effect of decreasing the hard surfaces that the sound could bounce off.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Gutted to have missed this. Bought hard copy tickets but they turned out to be cancelled. Had to stand outside with everyone else and listen from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coldplayer90

Gutted to have missed this. Bought hard copy tickets but they turned out to be cancelled. Had to stand outside with everyone else and listen from there.

What?! :eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Third time I've seen them and they get better each time.

Was on pitch 3 and got so close. From the start it was just incredible, what a way to open a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 It2guy

I will always moan about it. There nearly nothing worse at a gig than some numpty standing in front of you with a screen blocking your view of the stage (that you paid and came for) so that they have a video that might (but generally doesn't) looks good on twitter or a ten second Snapchat video that will disappear later. It's an absolute blight on concerts.

Fact, I just put my hand in front of their phone and they got the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Crowd were lovely! Everyone just in great spirits and up for it.

The crowd were superb .
    I had good seats in the Hogan stand ,but said to the wife we should try to go onto the pitch but she has a sore back so would prefer to sit.
    It was all futile of course as the crowd stood for the entire gig ,dont think I've ever seen that at any gig .
    Those xylobands are a superb invention ,so simple but really add to the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Did you get them on the street or from Seatwave or the like? Ah how awful....

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

Lot of family and friends attended, said it was definitely the best concert they'd been to. I am exceptionally jealous! Youngest sister (19 year old) attended with mother, met up with the rest once inside. Awful experience in the queue to enter the venue. 2 absolute toss pots (concert goers) bad mouthed her constantly, from her hair, to her lip stick, tan, shoes and everything else for the best part of an hour. Kid was very upset by it (eventually had to give as good as she got). What the hell is wrong with people. Didn't ruin the night for her tho which was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

These lads seem to have made the stadium feel small. Fair dues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

What was the security like entering the stadium?
    Pat downs, metal detectors etc.

I'm hoping to bring an SLR camera to U2, but think it might not be worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Did you get them on the street or from Seatwave or the like? Ah how awful....

Yeah donedeal. Hard copy tickets that were claimed as lost and were issued new tickets and barcodes. Totally gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Yeah donedeal. Hard copy tickets that were claimed as lost and were issued new tickets and barcodes. Totally gutted

I'm so sorry to hear that, what a really sh!tty thing to do to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

That's awful, sorry it happened. The one redeaming factor ow Seatwave is if that happens you get your money back and the seller is liable for the full amount that you paid. Still, absolute w@nkers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

poundhound wrote: »
    What was the security like entering the stadium?
    Pat downs, metal detectors etc.

I'm hoping to bring an SLR camera to U2, but think it might not be worth the hassle.
    I was about to say that stadium security didn't exist when I was going into the Hogan Stand!  After hearing all day on the radio about increased security and searches etc, myself and my wife walked straight in, no one to search us before the turnstiles nor inspect my wife's handbag.  You could have got in with anything which is not a good sign given recent events. Hopefully it's rectified before U2 for peoples safety.    

Gig was amazing though, seen them on this tour in Wembley last summer but this was a better atmosphere and crowd.  They know how to put on a show.  Plus the guy in the wheel chair is a legend! Fair play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

An absolutely outstanding night. I'm still on a high after it all.

We had great seats in the front row upstairs in the Hogan Stand.
    A little bit too side on to the stage but that would be minor nit-picking.
    We had the sound tower blocking our view of Will on the drums.

The sound was just so good too. I'd normally be down on the pitch.
    Where we were, there were towers of speakers hanging down from the roof.
    Is that normal at Croke Park? Never noticed them before.

And those Xylobands just looked incredible especially when darkness fell.
    I guess that's why Coldplay started a little bit later than normal.
    The finished a couple of minutes after the 11pm curfew.

A Sky Full of Stars just looked incredible from where we were.

As as for the lad in the wheelchair doing the crowd surfing. Just incredible.

Hopefully, it won't be another 6 years before Coldplay return. And I don't
    really count the Oxegen gig in 2011. That's a festival show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lambayire wrote: »
    We had great seats in the front row upstairs in the Hogan Stand.
    A little bit too side on to the stage but that would be minor nit-picking.
    We had the sound tower blocking our view of Will on the drums.

That would be my only criticism of the stage design ,the speaker stack towers are poorly designed as they block the view for alot of people.
    I was in 334 and couldnt see Chris on the piano .

30c7leq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

lambayire wrote: »
    Where we were, there were towers of speakers hanging down from the roof.
    Is that normal at Croke Park? Never noticed them before.

They have extra hanging speakers there for every concert.

They have extra hanging speakers there for every concert.

Nice one. Just never noticed them before.
    The sound was easily the best I've ever had at Croker.

Hopefully it will be as good for U2. I'm in the same spot for that one
    but over in the Cusack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Will there be DVD released of the concert??

• Advertisement

I'd doubt it very much.

The big open Hill 16 end doesn't really lend itself to DVD productions.

Advertisement