Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

lambayire wrote: »
    Superb YouTube clip. Nice one!

Cheers - appreciate your feedback & delighted you like it.

saggycaggy wrote: »
    That is brilliant Bonoman66-I watched it on the train to work this morning (when usually I try and snooze for 20mins) but I was left buzzing after watching it. What a night!!

Thanks very much for letting me know how much you enjoyed it. Means a lot to hear that from people.

Cheers (& yes agree 100% - What a night it was!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

You cant drink in the standing section of croke park??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

bigpink wrote: »
    You cant drink in the standing section of croke park??

You can but you couldn't bring drink between the bar and the pitch. You had to buy and consume in one or the other which technically meant that only Carlsberg could be drank on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Great Video bonoman66,

i was also looking at videos of the Italy Show days before Dublin and Seen the Elephant also,He must travel with the band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Great Video bonoman66,

i was also looking at videos of the Italy Show days before Dublin and Seen the Elephant also,He must travel with the band.

The Elephant appears at almost every show at the exact same point in the set and the procedure is the same. Brought up on stage, head is removed, dances for a minute or so and then Chris runs back towards the Main Stage.

Not sure if it's the exact same guy each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Hopefully anyone who was there might like this version of Sky Full of Stars. Think it captures the atmosphere, band, crowd & stadium well.

Cheers

Excellent work, enjoyed all of your videos on your channel from this and other concerts, keep up the good work! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aisleseat

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Hopefully anyone who was there might like this version of Sky Full of Stars. Think it captures the atmosphere, band, crowd & stadium well.

Cheers

Thanks bonoman66 - I love it and it brings me right back to Saturday night. What an incredible evening - It'll be a long time before any other gig even gets close to this. Not only the guys themselves but the energy of the crowd was incredible.
    Here's hoping they don't leave it so long the next time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I'd have little to no interest in Coldplay's newer stuff at all, but by god is that one amazing looking show.... Jesus, the crowd. Lads, it looks like ye had a bloody good night!

The Elephant appears at almost every show at the exact same point in the set and the procedure is the same. Brought up on stage, head is removed, dances for a minute or so and then Chris runs back towards the Main Stage.

Not sure if it's the exact same guy each time.

No, its definitely not the same guy each time.

Adam was the fan who was wearing the Elephant costume in Dublin & he had bought it a few months before the Dublin show in the hope that on show day, he might be brought up on stage (like what happened the other people etc..) if he could catch Chris' attention etc..

• Advertisement

CPSW wrote: »
    Excellent work, enjoyed all of your videos on your channel from this and other concerts, keep up the good work! :-)

Thanks very much for your kind feedback. I'm really happy people like this.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Wow, amazing bonoman66.

Again, sincerely humbled & delighted you like the clip. I love watching it back myself too :)

Here's a multi-camera mix for Fix You in case anyone wanted to see that one too..

Cheers,

Bonoman66

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I love the run up the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Boxscore

Coldplay
    Croke Park
    Dublin
    $8,970,100
    80,398 / 80,398

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Where does that info come from?

Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

lambayire wrote: »
    Where does that info come from?

Just curious.

Boxscores?

http://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Boxscore

Coldplay
    Croke Park
    Dublin
    $8,970,100
    80,398 / 80,398

That's the highest grossing gig of their whole tour ,it's higher than some places combined gross over 2 nights.
    Only one gig here ,ridiculous when you see those figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

That's the highest grossing gig of their whole tour ,it's higher than some places combined gross over 2 nights.
    Only one gig here ,ridiculous when you see those figures.

Correct but you can probably safely assume it was also the most expensive to stage on the tour.

Advertisement