Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Am sooo excited that they are finally coming back to play in Ireland!!! :)

Saw their set at Glastonbury and it was easily on one of the best live gigs I have ever seen. I can highly recommend that even the mildest of Coldplay fans check it out, it's well worth the money. (Even at rip off republic prices!)

They burst on to stage with massive fireworks, they played more of their older stuff than the new stuff, the Xylo bands changed colour and beat in time to the music throughout the show, there was confetti, balloons etc, and they brought on some great guests.

The biggest thing though had to be the atmosphere. The whole crowd of about 100,000 people were totally engaged throughout the whole set which is something that I feel happens less and less at gigs and festivals these days. We were about half way back form the main stage between the sound tents and everyone one around us were singing/ hugging and sharing their booze with total strangers.

It was Magic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Croke Park won't be half as good as Glasto, and there wasn't 100k people there, maybe 80k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Agreed. This will sell out easily.

From what I'm seeing on my social media feeds, there is alot of hype about this and people already planning on ticket strategy for Friday.

It wont sell out Friday ,no outdoor gig in this country ever sells out on the first day .
    What happens is that they sell a large percentage of the seats and standing tickets ,usually the worst seats first .

That way you build the hype and get rid of the worst seats .

More tickets will then be released in batches as happened on their UK tour this year.
    Closer to the date you will get production seats and extra standing tickets released ,these seats are often the best in the venue.

I will buy a ticket next year ,there will be loads of them floating around in July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I hope I'm wrong but I think it's a definite sell out, standing tickets wise, Friday. I'm hoping you're right about loads floating around in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

And the Croke Park season ticket holders have options on their seats up until around 10 weeks before the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would love to go and see Coldplay but jesus christ €100 is expensive for a standing ticket if they are to be around the same price as Beyonce. Makes Oxegen seem like some value considering we saw the 2 of them one after the other (along with every other act playing over the weekend) for around €240. Will have to have a long hard think over the next 2 days whether €100 is worth it..

Unless you love the last few albums it's not worth €100. Save that money and whatever you're going to spend on a hotel, fuel, drink, food etc and go to a festival or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Methinks Chris Martin should be paying you 100 Euros to go and see them. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

MadYaker wrote: »
    Unless you love the last few albums it's not worth €100. Save that money and whatever you're going to spend on a hotel, fuel, drink, food etc and go to a festival or something.

The setlists do seem to be very heavily dependent on the last few albums allright which is disappointing as the older albums are much better.
    Still they put on a good show so well worth seeing live .

Id pay €70 max, but this is the reality of the music industry these days. Nobody buys albums anymore so all the money is in touring and in fairness they are one of the biggest bands in the world who are touring at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Standing tickets are €89.50 before service charge, with the service charge the max is €6.85 so 1 standing ticket is €96.35

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kopite386 wrote: »
    the service charge the max is €6.85 so 1 standing ticket is €96.35
    the max changed to €6.10 a while back, buying online its 12.5% of the ticket or €6.10 max.

Odd that they decreased it, maybe mr ticketmaster was having trouble sleeping at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Standing tickets are 89.50 before service charge, with the service charge the max is 6.85 so 1 standing ticket is 96.35

rs_500x277-141120114857-tumblr_inline_mnsjjqMBCf1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

OMG been waiting for this. Please be Aviva or Croke Park. They've never done a proper stadium show here.

Meh, I can't understand why people prefer gigs to be bigger rather than smaller.

rubadub wrote: »
    the max changed to €6.10 a while back .

Thanks for that ðŸ‘☺ clearly ticketmaster need to update their website for service charges as that's where I got the €6.85 from

Are those prices official?! :D they can take a running jump!!

yeah they are, I only got the price for standing as that is what everybody is asking the Ticketmaster customer service on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Standing tickets are €89.50 before service charge, with the service charge the max is €6.85 so 1 standing ticket is €96.35

mono-george-21.png

Seating ranges from €59.50 - €144 (obviously the premium level) before service charge,
    Anyone know if you can actually see anything from the seats up the top in Croker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Effects wrote: »
    Meh, I can't understand why people prefer gigs to be bigger rather than smaller.

Of course I would've loved to see them in 3arena but that wasn't going to happen on this tour and I'd rather go to a stadium than Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seating ranges from €59.50 - €144 (obviously the premium level) before service charge,
    Anyone know if you can actually see anything from the seats up the top in Croker ?

You could probably see your house from up there,

the band... not so much

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Depends on where in the stadium the seats are.
    Prices will vary greatly depending on the seat location and premium tickets at €144.50 may be way further back than tickets at €50 lower than that.
    You may just be higher up.
    I'd prefer to be closer to stage and higher up than a premium ticket for €50 more and way further back.

Haha thanks for that, also one last question what time would you be better off getting to one of the ticketmaster booths at, say the one in stephens green, would there be much queues for the booths or would I have a better chance getting tickets online

I agree i've seen peoples pictures and videos from the premium level and from the other seats and most of the time the people in the other seats get a better view

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Go to booth and use your phone while standing there!

BTW
    There is a pre sale for residents only starts Thursday at 10am.

Wowzers.

In that case, I'd be shocked if this sells out. Daylight robbery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone know if there's going to be gold circle tickets?

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's going to be gold circle tickets?

No gold circle ,just normal standing,for any of the other gigs in Europe so Id imagine its the same here.

This is the standing layout ,looks like they have 2 small stages on a runway

L_1675.png

• Advertisement

If you're up in the stands at the same end as the stage you'll basically see nothing! What's the capacity of Croker in that layout?

Advertisement