Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

MadYaker wrote: »
    If you're up in the stands at the same end as the stage you'll basically see nothing! What's the capacity of Croker in that layout?

Capacity will be approx 78,000 - 80,000 with that layout I'd imagine. Runway won't have a huge impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sponsorgate

I have registered for presale tickets with Three. Can you only get the unique code @ 10am( when they go on presale)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I have registered for presale tickets with Three. Can you only get the unique code @ 10am( when they go on presale)

Are 3 doing a presale for this?...

Assumed there was none because in Croke Park?

bennyl10 wrote: »

There is presales option on ticketmaster . Is that for 3 presales?

bennyl10 wrote: »

There is presales option on ticketmaster . Is that for 3 presales?
    Ah I see its residents presales. my bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ODUN1

Does anyone know the residents presale code?

ODUN1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the residents presale code?

You need a code but you also need a postal address within the Croke Park catchment area as tickets will be delivered to that address.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dots104

You need a code but you also need a postal address within the Croke Park catchment area as tickets will be delivered to that address.

For the resident tickets do you go through the Ticketmaster website? I cant seem to find access to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

So Ticketmaster have finally released the price breakdown not including service charge :
    HOGAN STAND - LOWER TIER
    €69.50 - €144.00

CUSACK STAND - LOWER TIER
    €69.50 - €144.00

HOGAN STAND - UPPER TIER
    €69.50 - €109.50

DAVIN STAND - LOWER TIER
    €69.50 - €109.50

CUSACK STAND - UPPER TIER
    €69.50 - €109.50

PITCH 3 STANDING
    €89.50

PITCH 2 STANDING
    €89.50

PITCH 1 STANDING
    €89.50

DAVIN STAND - UPPER TIER
    €69.50 - €89.50

So much for the seats starting at €55.40 haha

• Advertisement

Looks like they will be splitting the pitch into three separate areas for this.

Here's the pricing info from TM.

HOGAN STAND - LOWER TIER
    €69.50 - €144.00

CUSACK STAND - LOWER TIER
    €69.50 - €144.00

HOGAN STAND - UPPER TIER
    €69.50 - €109.50

DAVIN STAND - LOWER TIER
    €69.50 - €109.50

CUSACK STAND - UPPER TIER
    €69.50 - €109.50

PITCH 3 STANDING
    €89.50

PITCH 2 STANDING
    €89.50

PITCH 1 STANDING
    €89.50

DAVIN STAND - UPPER TIER
    €69.50 - €89.50

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I wonder how the 3 pitch sections will be divided?

Not on the map to give any clues.

lambayire wrote: »
    I wonder how the 3 pitch sections will be divided?

Not on the map to give any clues.

I'd say it's a simple 1/3, 1/3 & 1/3 split.

Each area would be close to one of the 3 stages shown on the seating map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Hoping to get 4 seating tickets for this to include my 2 kids. What would view/sound be like from Upper Davin (highest price ticket)?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kopite386 wrote: »
    So much for the seats starting at €55.40 haha
    where was this ever suggested? the advertising poster said starting from €69.50, this will be 75.60 buying online

someone else said €59.50 which I guessed was a typo.

leex wrote: »
    Hoping to get 4 seating tickets for this to include my 2 kids. What would view/sound be like from Upper Davin (highest price ticket)?

Get Hogan or Cusack lower tier, if possible, and if not take upper tier (but not right on top of the stage as you'll lose most of the visual effects).

Davin at Croke Park for a gig is absolute muck. Lower tier often gets a crap view as you need to look over the heads of everyone standing on the pitch, not to mention speaker towers and sounds desks (although some seats are closed off in order to ensure people don't get blocked off by these). If you get offered Davin upper, reject them and go buy the tour DVD and watch it at home. You'll see more that way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I saw it on twitter the about the tickets being €55.40 even though the poster said €69.50 I thought they had reduced the price for some reason

Edit - yeah my bad I misread it is said €59.50 obviously a typo

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

If I want to be seated, but have a decent view without paying crazy money - where should I be looking to get a seat? Also how do I do this, I hate the ticketmaster site its a pain - can anyone advise me as to how to get a decent seat at a reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Im a local resident and had a look at the presale today. Basically lower cusack is €304 for two tickets, a seat in the upper davin is €232 for two tickets. I was shocked at the prices, they are really pushing it. It will probably sell out, but cant imagine we are looking at two gigs at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Im a local resident and had a look at the presale today. Basically lower cusack is €304 for two tickets, a seat in the upper davin is €232 for two tickets. I was shocked at the prices, they are really pushing it. It will probably sell out, but cant imagine we are looking at two gigs at those prices.

They are taking the piss with those prices.
    Croke Park is the largest capacity venue on the tour ,with the largest pitch meaning the seats are way back ,yet the ticket prices are the most expensive in Europe.:mad:

Standing is the only type of ticket I'd buy ,the best seats are too expensive ,and the cheaper seats are crap.

Just for comparison here is the price breakdown for the Paris gig
    Best seats are 100 euro ,standing is 67.50 inc fees.
    So its 50% more expensive in Dublin.

m_386365.gif

It would be nearly cheaper to fly to Paris for the weekend ,than go to Croke park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Zardoz wrote: »
    They are taking the piss with those prices.
    Croke Park is the largest capacity venue on the tour ,with the largest pitch meaning the seats are way back ,yet the ticket prices are the most expensive in Europe.:mad:

They know idiots in Ireland will pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone know what the difference is between standing zones 1,2 or 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the difference is between standing zones 1,2 or 3?

I'm guessing that the only difference is the gate you enter by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Im a local resident and had a look at the presale today. Basically lower cusack is €304 for two tickets, a seat in the upper davin is €232 for two tickets.

That is f***ing disgraceful pricing for tickets. Completely ridiculous :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Mr Velo wrote: »
    That is f***ing disgraceful pricing for tickets. Completely ridiculous :mad:

Agree. Was very interested in purchasing until I saw today's prices.

marvin80 wrote: »
    They know idiots in Ireland will pay it.

Well you know you will be a nobody Friday morning unless you buy tickets and announce it to the world on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well you know you will be a nobody Friday morning unless you buy tickets and announce it to the world on Facebook.

what if i buy a ticket and don't announce it on bookface?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

A couple of the residents are already being dirty touts and selling tickets on the touts sites.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    There are over 300 tickets already on sale
    Avg. Sale Price: €170.69 View price chart Last Sale Price: €170.69

Peter File wrote: »
    A couple of the residents are already being dirty touts and selling tickets on the touts sites.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    There are over 300 tickets already on sale
    Avg. Sale Price: €170.69 View price chart Last Sale Price: €170.69

Those tickets are generic speculative tickets,i.e standing, Cusack stand upper level,Cusack stand lower tier.
    The touts dont have the tickets yet Id say.

I'm always amazed as to why people buy tickets off a secondary site before they go on general sale ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Those tickets are generic speculative tickets,i.e standing, Cusack stand upper level,Cusack stand lower tier.
    The touts dont have the tickets yet Id say.

I'm always amazed as to why people buy tickets off a secondary site before they go on general sale ?
    There is a residents presale
    Onsale to General Public
    Start: Fri 07/10/16, 09:00

Residents Presale
    Start: Thu 06/10/16, 10:00
    End: Thu 06/10/16, 17:00

Advertisement