Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

The amount of 13/14 year olds, already queuing up is insane.

Coldplay for 13 year olds?! Am I that out of touch?

No....It's the children who are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

leex wrote: »
    Agree. Was very interested in purchasing until I saw today's prices.

I would like to see them live, like a lot of their stuff but those prices are too much - very disappointing.

Has happened with a few other bands recently as well like Muse where the prices are too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SuperBW

Coldplay are sh*t and this won't sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭secman

SuperBW wrote: »
    Coldplay are sh*t and this won't sell out.

Will take all of 20 min at most to sell out, I suspect ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If Garth Brooks can sell it out for 3 nights then Coldplay can sure as hell sell it out for one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 SuperBW

Coldplay didn't sell out phoenix park in 2009. I know that was 7 years ago but they have gotten worse not better.

U2 lite IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

Just happened to drive by my local Ticketmaster agent about an hour ago and there was already quite a queue outside! Makes me more nervous about my chances of getting them online in the morning. I'd say it will sell out very quickly.

How does it work - actual shop versus us going online? Does each shop get a certain quota to sell or do they need to go online for their customers through a special link? I'd be fairly peed off if I queued up overnight and didn't get them only to hear someone else went online at 8.59 am and did!

Pepsicass wrote: »
    Just happened to drive by my local Ticketmaster agent about an hour ago and there was already quite a queue outside! Makes me more nervous about my chances of getting them online in the morning. I'd say it will sell out very quickly.

How does it work - actual shop versus us going online? Does each shop get a certain quota to sell or do they need to go online for their customers through a special link? I'd be fairly peed off if I queued up overnight and didn't get them only to hear someone else went online at 8.59 am and did!

You'll get them....

Even if it "sells out" tomorrow, they'll always release extra tickets closer to the date, without announcement, online...Happens every single gig

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I've never really tried to buy gig tickets the second they go on sale before. Is there anything I need to do to give myself the best chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

I'm still undecided between seating tickets and standing tickets but on this occasion, it might be worth getting the standing tickets just by looking at the seating plan for the gig,given the runway that Chris Martin likes to run up and down on :P
    I see Ticketmaster have an Early Entry package to get the best place to stand but they charge nearly twice the price :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

If the gig sells out tomorrow people can always buy these "bargains" that Ticketmaster are offering for the gig

Early Entry Package includes:
    €189.50
    - Standing ticket to see Coldplay live
    - Early Entry Pass: access to the venue floor before standard ticketholders
    - Exclusive Coldplay tour gift
    - Souvenir Coldplay tour Laminate and Lanyard
    - Designated check-in with our on-site Event Staff

Hot Tickets includes:
    Seated ticket in top price category to see Coldplay live

I definitely think its worth the extra 100 euro for the lanyard and designated check in :)

errlloyd wrote: »
    I've never really tried to buy gig tickets the second they go on sale before. Is there anything I need to do to give myself the best chance?

Just hope your internet download speed is decent :P.Using an Ethernet cable instead of a wireless connection might help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭secman

You'll get them....

Even if it "sells out" tomorrow, they'll always release extra tickets closer to the date, without announcement, online...Happens every single gig

They (ticketmaster) expect it to completely sell out in under 20 min and there is no second gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

desdman wrote: »
    I'm still undecided between seating tickets and standing tickets but on this occasion, it might be worth getting the standing tickets just by looking at the seating plan for the gig,given the runway that Chris Martin likes to run up and down on :P
    I see Ticketmaster have an Early Entry package to get the best place to stand but they charge nearly twice the price :eek:
    Where can you get the seating plan for the gig

kala85 wrote: »
    Where can you get the seating plan for the gig

It's at the end of the 6th page on here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

TicketMaster App is usually better than Website for buying tickets in a rush

Zardoz wrote: »
    If the gig sells out tomorrow people can always buy these "bargains" that Ticketmaster are offering for the gig

Early Entry Package includes:
    €189.50
    - Standing ticket to see Coldplay live
    - Early Entry Pass: access to the venue floor before standard ticketholders

Hot Tickets includes:
    Seated ticket in top price category to see Coldplay live

I definitely think its worth the extra 100 euro for the lanyard and designated check in :)

I say that could be sold out in minutes.The main incentive there would be the early entry to get the best standing position possible

TicketMaster App is usually better than Website for buying tickets in a rush

Never tried the app before.Thanks for the tip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

secman wrote: »
    They (ticketmaster) expect it to completely sell out in under 20 min and there is no second gig.

If it does sell out that fast, I'm sure a 2nd night will be added, there is room before and after the Dublin gig to add another date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

They had updated the pitch standing zones on the map

16334s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Odd that they are doing that ,Standing 2 is much inferior to the other 2.

Every other venue in Europe has only 1 or 2 standing areas .
    Could they not just have 2 standing areas either side of the runway ?

I really hate the way concerts get announced at such short notice and they seem to make it up as they go along.
    What is funny though is that Seatwave had the correct stage layout up hours before Ticketmaster ,tis such a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Already available on Ticketmaster's 'sister' site :rolleyes:

http://www.getmein.com/tickets/coldplay-tickets/dublin-302800.html

secman wrote: »

Trust me....

Ed Sheeran, U2, Springsteen, Beyoncé, etc etc all had tickets released either the day of the show or the week of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Wheety wrote: »
    Already available on Ticketmaster's 'sister' site :rolleyes:

http://www.getmein.com/tickets/coldplay-tickets/dublin-302800.html

That's just people listing tickets they don't have yet. Common enough I've read

Or residents who bought them selling them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Any idea how much the pitch standing tickets will be? Usually they give you a breakdown of what area costs what but it's just a price range yet on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Larsso30 wrote: »
    That's just people listing tickets they don't have yet. Common enough I've read

Or residents who bought them selling them!

I just don't trust that site. People are selling for specific blocks. They're not waiting to buy their tickets at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Standing tickets are €89.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Any idea how much the pitch standing tickets will be? Usually they give you a breakdown of what area costs what but it's just a price range yet on the site.

89 plus booking fee so 96

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

16334s.jpg

Thanks for this, so the brown seats are premium so the more expensive ones. Blue and red are normal price then? How can I try to get a seat more towards the front of the stage and not all the way back? Or is it just luck of the draw of what comes up when I log in? Should I have a few browsers open to try to get the best option? Do I click best available or what? Sorry for stupid questions but any advice appreciated.

Advertisement