Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Tour 2017 - Croke Park - **NO TICKET SALES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Auschick wrote: »
    Was on site at 9am and got email from Seatwave (ticket master company) at 9.01 offering resale tickets 😠 how can that be!!!!!!!

That is disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

It's only Coldplay lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

Their platinum site as well....Extortion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

They get away with it cos people buy them. No demand and soon there will be no supply. Same way they get away with charging the prices for this concert, they know people will buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It's only Coldplay lads.

Not too pushed about not getting the tickets, but the system is an absolute joke!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Only **** seats left. They can keep them. So disappointed.

It sucks you had to pick which standing too. Why not put best standing available. At least you had a chance of getting 1 section.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

When you try your best, but you don't succeed....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Tried to see how many are on the tout site and it can't load due to demand!!
    Lots of folk have no patience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Really really hope another day will be added.... think I will take my chances with going to ticketmaster desk next time.....

No luck for me this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

its obvious for big concerts that ticketmaster hold back loads of tickets for the seatwave site.... absolute scumbags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Was in at 8:58 and got nothing. Disappointed. Hopefully another date is added!

I'm still in the queue but I think I'm just wasting my time :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

What's depressing is I clicked on seatwave just to see how many they have and I'm in a queue there now. People must be paying those prices.

I say this every time there's a big concert onsale but something needs to be done with touting. There was a gig in London recently, think it was Dave Gilmour and your name is printed on the tickets so you have to be there yourself on the night. If they restrict the number of tickets per person too if may help.

Think you can nominate someone at the time of purchase, if they're for a present or your kids etc. You don't have to name everyone attending, just the lead person and they need ID.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    Second date incoming...
    Hopefully they announce now instead of waiting till next week

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Even the ****ty seats are gone now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

At least I got my Bros tickets yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Well that was impossible..went for standing and got offered upper davin. Went back again for lower hogan/cusack and everything was sold out.

Whats up with 'seatwave' in the corner selling tickets for 3x the price? Why is that legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

jobless wrote: »
    its obvious for big concerts that ticketmaster hold back loads of tickets for the seatwave site.... absolute scumbags
    It's their tickets, they can do what they want. Mre Coldplay/Aiken/MCD's fault for allowing them get away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

It's really pants that there's only ticketmaster that does tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Tickets for sale on Seatwave before 9am? wtf
    Got tix for the daughter on Ticketmaster lower Cusack section 309 just under €500 for the 4 of them, Personally I wouldn't go if I had a free ticket I don't like them. looks like seatwave has crashed, probably under the weight of those prices :eek:
    section 305 selling for €545 each on ticketmaster platinum :eek::eek:
    They will probably announce a 2nd date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Well that was impossible..went for standing and got offered upper davin. Went back again for lower hogan/cusack and everything was sold out.

Whats up with 'seatwave' in the corner selling tickets for 3x the price? Why is that legal?

I think we may call in the Brazilians to investigate:D:D

Wheety wrote: »
    What's depressing is I clicked on seatwave just to see how many they have and I'm in a queue there now. People must be paying those prices.

I say this every time there's a big concert onsale but something needs to be done with touting. There was a gig in London recently, think it was Dave Gilmour and your name is printed on the tickets so you have to be there yourself on the night. If they restrict the number of tickets per person too if may help.

Think you can nominate someone at the time of purchase, if they're for a present or your kids etc. You don't have to name everyone attending, just the lead person and they need ID.

Exactly. I believe the ID system with the Ed Sheeran Tickets :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

jobless wrote: »

That's why I don't go to any gigs costing more than 30 euro anymore. Lots of great bands in that bracket and never any issue with tickets as the touts rarely know who the bands are.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A second date has been added in Cardiff for the 12th

Ah lads,

There has to be a way we can make a complaint to the competition authority about Seatwave. The speed at which they were being offered for resale must mean that Ticketmaster are in collusion with buying and reselling their own tickets at exorbitant prices!

15 years ticketmaster has been fcuking me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Got standing its such a lottery i had three devices good connection no joy wife had **** comnection gets them hotel 150e good by dublin standards seatwave is basically same as gouger in alleyway pateen would be proud...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What is Seatwave, I'm in a queue for it now, clicked the link from Ticketmaster? Is it a tout site? I thought it was people who'd had tickets but didn't like the seat/section and released them. Am I wasting my time (not willing to pay over the odds). tia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Wheety wrote: »

Why would ticketmaster want to do something about touting or restrist usage to the person that buys the tickets when they own Seatwave? Double dipping - they charge the TM fee and then they charge the Seatwave fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Cardiff 2nd concert announced, any chance of a 2nd Dublin one?

Advertisement