Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card application

• 30-09-2016 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Ive applied for a credit card application online and the bank rang me today to verify details etc. He told me I have a referral fee in my current a/c which could negatively impact the application but that he would put through the application anyway. I have permanent employment and no credit problems. Does anyone know what impact a referral fee has on a credit card application?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A one-off DD or cheque bouncing shouldn't be looked on too harshly, I'd be confident it won't scupper you if there's no other black marks against you. Have you had a loan in the past 5 years and have you paid it off on time according to the agreed repayment schedule? That's the thing that counts the most in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jamboat

coylemj wrote: »
    A one-off DD or cheque bouncing shouldn't be looked on too harshly, I'd be confident it won't scupper you if there's no other black marks against you. Have you had a loan in the past 5 years and have you paid it off on time according to the agreed repayment schedule? That's the thing that counts the most in your favour.

Thanks for the reply, I have a credit union loan and Ive never missed any payments on it. I have the loan a good while now cos Ive tipped it up a couple of times.

Advertisement