Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Responsive site revisited

Options
  • 30-09-2016 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to post this, Permabear.
    The team have been working away on the list of bugs provided by users so the responsive site you are using now is much improved from when it was first released.
    We are doing our best to reach feature parity with the legacy site, in so far as it is possible. This work is ongoing and the plan is to complete work on the responsive site, yes.
    None of the other interfaces are going anywhere for now (or in the even remotely distant future - look how long ago we said we were getting rid of m.boards and it's still around :) ) so users who have a preference for these can continue to use them. We do hope to bring some new features to the responsive site and address some of the outstanding bugs, issues and feature requests.

I hope that answers all of your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

I got a new phone and it automatically takes me to the responsive site. I've left it for a few weeks now and it is great for a lot of stuff that the touch site lacked, like proper display of poll results etc.

One thing I don't like is that the colour scheme seems to be changing based on the forum I'm in. Is there any way to change this so it's consistent across fora?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I got a new phone and it automatically takes me to the responsive site. I've left it for a few weeks now and it is great for a lot of stuff that the touch site lacked, like proper display of poll results etc.

One thing I don't like is that the colour scheme seems to be changing based on the forum I'm in. Is there any way to change this so it's consistent across fora?

The colour changes based on the topic or category you are viewing, yes. I'm not sure if it will be changed, but I've made a note of it at least.

Advertisement